Tutsi's A.I. Patches

gold639 said:
And manoj if you still find the cpu easy then decrease the cpu difficulty.If the cpu plays slowly decrease the CPUBATTINGMATCHTYPE,CPUTACTICSDEFEND,and CPUBALLSFACED.

well it is good that u tweaked the values by yr self well i also make some changes in my ucomming patch now computer also scoring well in 50 overs matches hope to see u there

When you say you will release it with the old tech but tweaked, what do you mean. The players will no longer play according to their ability? I find 7.0 perfect right now except for the CPU being too easy to dismiss because of alot of edges to the slips. The batting is perfect. I dont want the batting to change much, but would like the CPU to be a little harder to dimiss. Which new patch should I use???

Hey tutsi- I just bowled out the aussies for 186 and they are 5/1 in the second innings after following on to indias 470+.
I noticed the following things.
1. I got three batsmen out stumped, two were top order batsmen who chased balls that were wide of offstump and ended up missing the ball and got stumped.
2.The cPu found it very difficult to score against me and was scoring around 2.6 an over.
3. I did get a lot of edges of the tail enders with spinners but the stupid close in fielders wouldnt make an effort to catch them!
4.Some of the tail enders were very aggressive and gillespie even came down the track to loft zaheer khan
The aussies lost langer almost immediately after they started the second innings when the follow on was enforced.

I think you may have to make the aussies slightly more difficult to dismiss with your next patch(As compared to say kenya or zimbabwe)

I had the same problem with my spinners when I was using Aus against India. Lots of close ing edges, but the fielders couldnt get them.

ashwinkm said:
In earlier patches I have not seen the batsman use their feet so well so I am not sure if it is related to your patch or not.

WE definitely need more edges with our spinners when we are bowling.The CPU managed to get quite a few edges of me , as I had mentioned earlier.

hi....well obviously the batsman comming down the wicket is related to my patch. i think it comes to way too often so that will be fixed.

and the point about edges off spinners....well i according to the cfg editor and the values in....Edge Spin....edges should happen with spinners as they do with pace bowlers....but for some reason i dunno why it doesn't happens in the game.

gold639 said:
Tutsi I replaced your pacing files with Ravi's pacing files and I decreased the cpu aggression and made it defend more.Now I must say the CPU paces its innings well and bats sensibly.With your new tech of batting and with the now excellent pacing,the cpu is playing the full 50 overs and making realistic scores like 250-280. :) .I am now enjoying the game much more. :onpc

well gold i must say thet we both thought of the same thing.

i was on a holiday for 3-4 days and came back just now.

after the relase of my 7.0b patch and after reading the reviews i though about naking the batsman less aggressive and both odi and test so that they can play the full overs.

before going to that holiday, values which i tweaked were almost the same which u have talked about.

our values are not exactly the same but yea quite close to each other.

i still have to test it though but i think there has been an early beta testing by you.... ;)

and as regarding the pacing files....well i have also tweaked them so that cpu plays its full overs.

I have the aussies on the run.Aus are now 82/5 in the second innings . Surprisingly I have not had problems with them scoring to fast.They scored around 2.8rpo in the first and are around 3.2rpo in the second.
I noticed two things
1. Damien martyn again tried to come down the track to a ball bowled wide outside off stump and tried to cut it , but was bowled by harbhajan.In the previous over ponting played the same shot of kumble and it went for four. They seem to come down the track more to balls bowled wide which is kind of silly.
2. Twice Darren Lehman has ended up running the ball to first slip. Is this just a bug??

I dont know about the others but I find the pacing rather good in this patch. The aussies were two down for 14 and they batted slowly for a while , but once zaheer had bowled his 9th over in a row , they took him on and slammed him for several fours.After that for some reason they started scoring runs very easily even off the other bowlers. I thought this was realistic.Does this have something to do with the bowlers fatigue or maybe the ball was getting older?

Lastly, this is the fourth time I have the aussies on a rope.Is it just me or is everyone finding it easy to bowl to the CPU??

Users who are viewing this thread