Tutsi's A.I. Patches

OK I;m sort of new here and read a few pages here..... don't really feel like reading 70 more pages about tease patches!!

But I'm after a patch where as well as I get caught behinds while I'm bowling I want while i;m batting to get caught behinds too!. I mean look at test matches in real life the team usually gets about 6 at average per innings when I play a test on this game I find it too easy to bat and the only way I get out is a dumb run out brain explosion by myself or a miss timed hit too the fielders. but I hardly get edges. I find that on green wickets you do however get more edges. I just find it too easy to bat. and would like to get out with the CPU good bowling rather thne my silly batting

PS I haven't got any AI patches yet seeing if I can read a bit more about them in this thread.

Ok, little review on 7.2.
I play on hard with sams exe

Test Match Aus(me) vs Ind
BAtting: Lots of different shot varients which are good but, The advance smash makes it way to easy to crack boundries and sixes. Yorkers- having a bit of trouble playing them,, my only tip would be to judge the ball as to where your player is standing. Use the (advance legclance, and forward front foot shot) to get the yorkers out. This only works for some balls though,, there are certain balls that are balled that cannot be stopped, resulting in loss of wicket.

Bowling : Bowling seems alright,, but it was a little easy to take wickets,, i ended up dropping india for 132 in their first innings, using mcgrah swing bowling. Also a bit bug is that, when india bowl their spinners,, the keeper does not catch the ball when i dont offer a shot,, the ball simply speeds past the umpire to the boundry fence,, big bug. CPU batsmen dont seem to offer many shots at all,, almost always play defensively,, even if I give them a bad ball outside offstump.

One Dayers: Batting seems pretty good,, if only i could play the yorkers better I would definatly have a chance. Batsmen aggression is pretty solid once their confidence grows,, so you've done that really well. But a little to easy to take wickets,, usually have cpu all out by around the 20th over.

souljah said:
i'm usin' tutsi 7.2 beta patch, everything is fine except two things...

1. How do u play yorkers, i try defending them, advance shots... i keep on getting clean bowled?

and most of all...

2. How do u get CPU in either LBW, Bowled or Caught Behind, I've gotten them caught out at the boundary and eveywhere but these three outs I just can't get. Can somebody help me out?

(does tutsi 7.2 even give u edges or do i have to go back to 7.1)

there is only one way by getting away with yorker with out being clean bowled' the only way is to cover your stumps then come down to the pitch and play it in the leg side you will get 2 or 3 runs and also you will not be bowled out' :cheer

adthomp said:
OK I;m sort of new here and read a few pages here..... don't really feel like reading 70 more pages about tease patches!!

But I'm after a patch where as well as I get caught behinds while I'm bowling I want while i;m batting to get caught behinds too!. I mean look at test matches in real life the team usually gets about 6 at average per innings when I play a test on this game I find it too easy to bat and the only way I get out is a dumb run out brain explosion by myself or a miss timed hit too the fielders. but I hardly get edges. I find that on green wickets you do however get more edges. I just find it too easy to bat. and would like to get out with the CPU good bowling rather thne my silly batting

PS I haven't got any AI patches yet seeing if I can read a bit more about them in this thread.

the only way you can get edges when you don't time the bowl well' just play the ball little be late' the there will be a edge' :cheer

fardin said:
there is only one way by getting away with yorker with out being clean bowled' the only way is to cover your stumps then come down to the pitch and play it in the leg side you will get 2 or 3 runs and also you will not be bowled out' :cheer

sorry but you shouldnt have to do things like that to defend a yorker ;)

will in some ocassion where you don't want to get bowled then that is the best option to survive with out being bowled gas'

i don't know abt all others but the best bet is the advanced on-drive, esp for an off-stump yorker if you've shifted your stance a little bit towards the stumps before the delivery...then this shot is the safest way to keep the yorkers at bay...and if it is dead on leg stump then you can play a one day slog kinda advanced flick...though there are more chances of getting caught at square leg...

OK.....a couple of issues need to be adressed.

1. Playing Yorkers - Take a leg stump guard, defend the yorkers played on middle and leg stump. While play an on drive to yorkers played on off stump.

2. Advanced Six Hit Shots Too Easy - Well i can't edit thema t all.....why? Because there are not in the LIST.TXT of the CFG Editor. Untill Prakash or somebody else can find those offsets, noone can edit those shots.

3. CPU Leaving Straight Deliveries - Well i havn't faced this problem EVER. But one solution can be just reduce BatWindowIdealSize from 1.0 to maybe 1.5 or 2.0 and then see if it helps.

4. Edges - Well i have set the correct values which should produce edges if u bowl properly. You will surely get edges as i do when i play with the patch on my PC.

For an expermental basis...those of you who play the game with XSPEED! and are facing the CPU being too weak problem, play the game without XSPEED! and see if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
tutsi i've been using ur 7.2 patch and i get way too many edges when i bat what shuld i do

Reduce the values - BatEdgeDifficulty and BatEdgeAverage by -0.100000 at a time untill u get to the vlaue which suits you.

hi tutsi
have u increased these values 2 get edges can u tell what value shall i change in editor 2 see cpu getting lots and lots of edges
:cheer :cheer :cheer

Last edited:
tutsipoppy2 said:
Reduce the values - BatEdgeDifficulty and BatEdgeAverage by -0.100000 at a time untill u get to the vlaue which suits you.

What values can I tweak to make yorkers easier to defend? :crying

tutsi i just started using your patch 7.2 in the middle of my test match...it seems good.....only thing is that whenever the ball beats the infield it goes for 4....u shud edit it to make it sometimes stop before the boundary and make it go for 4 only when timed well...playing on a dusty wicket

Users who are viewing this thread