Tutsi's A.I. Patches

Balaji rips through australia! I am bowling with the 7.2 and the aussies are in trouble. Both Ponting and Martyn fell trying to cut balls bowled wide outside the offstump and ended up hitting it to Laxman at gully. Katich tried cutting a short ball that was a little too close to the stumps and edged it to the keeper. I tried to get Lehman to play the same shot as Ponting and kept bowling it wide with a packed offside but he somehow still managed to pierce the field and hit several fours.Gilchrist is just looking to defend for now. The patch has been interesting so far as the dismissals have been different in each instance except for Ponting and Martyn , but they are all still to fast bowlers on a dusty pitch , starting the fifth day.Aus now need 302 runs with 5 wickets in hand and India have a whole day to try to bowl them out .

Attachments

• aus 2nd innings.jpg
    aus 2nd innings.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 117
  • aus 2nd innings2.jpg
    aus 2nd innings2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 115
Mate, this is a feedback thread for Tutsi's AI patches. Feel free to post the above in a story thread but not in here.
I know some of it is feedback but most (and the screens) should be elsewhere.

I wont post those screens anymore. The 7.2 beta patch is working really well so far.The edges are there but are very very hard to get . The CPU paces itself quite nicely. The batsmen are very tough to dismiss once they are in . I find that is more difficult to predict how the batsman is going to react as compared to before. For eg.Lehman (Sorry for having to insert a little story here) suddenly smashed me around the park at 6 an over and hit 95 of 103 balls.Gilchrist who was also at full confidence would hit some balls , but not attempt to play others. With earlier patches ,once the batsmen were at full confidence , you could tell that they would play their shots and you could entice them to either get stumped or get them out caught .Now it is more difficult to predict their reaction and this has made the game much more interesting.

bUDDY U CULD POST THAT feedback in crickett stories and strageties also to make up ur own tour so it will be instressted to post over there in this tread u have to post the comments abt how the patch is or u have a problem with patch.

ashwinkm - hi as barmyarmy said.....u need to post ur stories in stories forum. but i feel that ashwinkm is just pointing out the positive facts about my patch which in terms doesn't sounds like a story to me. but yea screenshots and all must go into the stories forum. with all the problem my patch has been facing, he is one of the few who find my patch work correctly with them so it is important for them to post a detailed review(without screenshots). and as he's not into a particular tour so he shouyld be allowed to post a bit brief review of his match.

how do u get cpu bowled, lbw or caught behind... i've tried every type of bowler but it seems impossible! by the way i'm using 7.2 patch.... and another thing, how do u make computer lil' aggressive.

there's no sure shot way of getting the computer bowled if u want to play fairly...other wise select a medium bowler and send down slow short deliveries....

as to the aggressiveness of CPU...i believe that the aggro here has been made more realistic by Tutsi in 7.2...if you need more of it, reverting back to 7.0 seems a good option...

I just played a one day with tutsis patch and i was able to get australia all out for 190.I got two wickets by bowling with yuvraj singh around the wicket and swinging the ball in and the batsmen missed them and were bowled. I was also able to get batsmen bowled in tests by bowling the wrong 'un with a spinner(i.e. a googly,flipper or arm ball) and the batsmen came down the track trying to play for the spin , missed the ball and was bowled

As for aggro, I felt the CPU was still too aggressive and wasnt pacing its innings properly and I have mailed tutsi regarding this
They were 9 wickets down and scoring at 7=8 per over and still trying to come down the track and smash. The cpu didnt play any defensive shots at all...none!!

ashwinkm said:
As for aggro, I felt the CPU was still too aggressive and wasnt pacing its innings properly and I have mailed tutsi regarding this
They were 9 wickets down and scoring at 7=8 per over and still trying to come down the track and smash. The cpu didnt play any defensive shots at all...none!!

i supose ur talking about ODI.

well the thing ur talking about is impossible to do. the format of the pacing files is very simple and straight forward, no complexities. we can only edit as to how aggr. cpu will be in a particular phase of the match. we CAN NOT edit as to how the cpu will play if it looses early wickets or how will it play if he has very few wickets left to get a small total in plently of overs. the pacing files lacks these kind of complexities.

Nithish Victor said:
I think batting is too easy n i could score easily upto 10/over.

well tell me which patch r u playing with?

coz according to my calculations...

7.2 Beta Patch + Sam's No Cursor EXE + Hard Difficulty Level = Game Very Hard And CPU Kicking Some Serious A*s

hi there....now i can let out some early info. about the 7.2 final patch.

1. well as it seems that the 'batwindowidealsize' was the thing which was giving my patch a bad reputation as it make cpu leave straight deliveries. so it will be fixed in it so that u don't have to mess around in the cfg editor.

2. tweaks have been make to the ODI pacing files for cpu.

3. 4 new strokes which have been discovered by mr. koala and me will be edited.

4. since the rest of the things are ok. minor twekas will be made here n there.

any other development will be posted.

**Final patch will be released with both NEW as well as OLD batting tech.

Users who are viewing this thread