Tutsi's A.I. Patches

Tutsi - Does the "FInal 7.3 version download use the old or new batting tech?

Tutdi - I have played your patch extensively over the last days over the holiday weekend. I seem to be finding it easier to get the cpu out- they have a major weakness- they either try to play a lofted cover drive and get caught at point, or if the ball is short they play a back foot shot and still get caught either at backward point or at gully.In every single match i have taken at least 4-5 wickets this way.Also now that they are not as aggressive as before, they get really bogged down and score 3-4 runs an over with several wickets down. In the last few matches I got SA all out for 98 on a green top, australia 100 all out on a green top, england 104 all out on a hard top and england 62 all out on a normal pitch - all matches played in sunny weather.I also bowled out australia for 14 runs on a green top with overcast skies in a test match!!!! (that was a different story though , they seem to play only defensive strokes and i got 11 edges)

The other thing that I wanted to mention was.,I have 7-8 fielders on the offside and bowl and outside offstump line. The cpu keeps hitting to these fielders and then tries to loft one over the cordon and gets out. They dont try to work the ball to the on side. Earlier with the 7.2 patch the cpu would either hit above the fielders or loft the ball to a vacant area and get runs. They used to score 5-6 runs per over and lose wickets , now they score 3 runs per over and lose wickets!!!!!!!!!!

The_gas said:
Tutsi - Does the "FInal 7.3 version download use the old or new batting tech?

there are 2 seperate downloads for the patch........

7.3Final-A is with the new batting tech.

7.3Final-b is with the old batting tech.

ashwinkm said:
Tutdi - I have played your patch extensively over the last days over the holiday weekend. I seem to be finding it easier to get the cpu out- they have a major weakness- they either try to play a lofted cover drive and get caught at point, or if the ball is short they play a back foot shot and still get caught either at backward point or at gully.In every single match i have taken at least 4-5 wickets this way.Also now that they are not as aggressive as before, they get really bogged down and score 3-4 runs an over with several wickets down. In the last few matches I got SA all out for 98 on a green top, australia 100 all out on a green top, england 104 all out on a hard top and england 62 all out on a normal pitch - all matches played in sunny weather.I also bowled out australia for 14 runs on a green top with overcast skies in a test match!!!! (that was a different story though , they seem to play only defensive strokes and i got 11 edges)

The other thing that I wanted to mention was.,I have 7-8 fielders on the offside and bowl and outside offstump line. The cpu keeps hitting to these fielders and then tries to loft one over the cordon and gets out. They dont try to work the ball to the on side. Earlier with the 7.2 patch the cpu would either hit above the fielders or loft the ball to a vacant area and get runs. They used to score 5-6 runs per over and lose wickets , now they score 3 runs per over and lose wickets!!!!!!!!!!

i dunno what to say....seriously i don't.

by the way what lofted shot do they play..........front foot cover drive, backfoot cover drive or what...plz explain.

well they play both shots - if the ball is full - front foot, if the ball if short , back foot. I also seem to have figured out the perfect field- I keep 7 -8 fielders on the off side, one for the leg glance and one for the on drive at long on . I have a ring of fielders starting from gully to cover - then I bowl the "Mcgrath " line- the cpu finds it very difficult to score against this- for anyone else who finds it difficult to bowl - you should try this tactic. I also swing the ball a bit.
The other tactic is to bowl from around the wicket , the cpu finds this line harder sometimes , I have gotten them bowled this way , playing across the line.

ashwinkim than you for the tactic's yes and i do have alot of problem with the cpu not getting out with tutsi's new patch' and i love bowling around the wicket'

or try this
all fielders on off side
from gully, deep backward point, backward point to cover and just bowl
half volley way outside off stump and watch them commite sucide :)

here is another tip" put the mid of mid on a lil bit back' bowl at the leg's of cpu' will hit the ball straigh down the ground(no all the time)' another tip when playing in a damp pitch bring a spinner's(can also happen with fast bowler's) but spinner's will do the job quickly' bring a spinner' bowl really slow dont let the bowling meter get further then a inch(maker sure to bowl in the middle of the pitch facing the stumps') you can easily take wicket's that way by bowling cpu out'

fardin said:
here is another tip" put the mid of mid on a lil bit back' bowl at the leg's of cpu' will hit the ball straigh down the ground(no all the time)' another tip when playing in a damp pitch bring a spinner's(can also happen with fast bowler's) but spinner's will do the job quickly' bring a spinner' bowl really slow dont let the bowling meter get further then a inch(maker sure to bowl in the middle of the pitch facing the stumps') you can easily take wicket's that way by bowling cpu out'

this is not a bowling tip......it is rather a bug in the game.

btw u won't be satisfied by taking wickets in this fashion.....will you?

I wish there was a way to fix the bug, since batting is quite good now with the patch and with my own field settings it is quite competitive. I keep one to two slips and a short midwicket and a fine leg, so I cant take quick singles or swish outside offstump and get edges for four in one days.(My fav shot is the leg glance- or defend and run for a quick single) Wish we could figure out a way to improve the bowling though

i'll be posting the beta version of the next patch....

ntn much in it except the pacing file has been updated....

test and tell me as to how was the bowling with it?

Honestly , bowling in tests on a pitch that doesnt assist bowlers is quite decent as I have posted earlier. In one days it seems that CPU cant out- think you (obviously!). So if you keep bowling the same line and keep fielders outside offstump the cpu should try to play shots on the onside , instead of hitting it in the air on the offside. I normally play a majority of my shots on the onside , but try to find the gaps and pick of quick singles - and dont try to blast away- infact with tutsis patch 7.0 onwards I have only hit ONE six so far!!

ashwikim do you know how to slog" Because a inning with out a six must be boring i hit sixe's quit often to tell you the truth" The only way you can hit six is using the slop button' when i hit six the ball get's lost" i hit it so hard (reguires perfect timing) that the ball goes out of the ground every time"

I know how to slog!!! I dont hit them that often with Tutsis patch though. I score a lot of singles and keep at 5-6 an over with just singles

Users who are viewing this thread