TV Series General Discussion

B

Bigby Wolf

Great ending to Season 3 of "The Flash". Must watch, absolutely must watch! I can't wait for October to begin Season 4. The best show by far right now. Its starting to acquire cult status already. I watched the finale live and was reading up the tweets on the hashtag and it was so freakin' fun to be honest. I woke up today morning thinking about it. I love this show so much! Definitely among my all time favorites from the TV verse.
This season atleast for me was quite predictable right from who Savitar actually is and what happened in the second last episode.
HR using the face chaning technology to save Iris - i actually saw that coming
Overall it was good but 1st and the 2nd seasons were much better imo.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
This season atleast for me was quite predictable right from who Savitar actually is and what happened in the second last episode.
HR using the face chaning technology to save Iris - i actually saw that coming
Overall it was good but 1st and the 2nd seasons were much better imo.
You missed a G in the spoiler.
I don't watch the Flash but I have watched a few (emphasis on few) episodes here and there and the crossover episodes. I would say Iris was not a strong part of the show.
From what I have seen from the internet the general consensus is The Flash S1>>S2>>>S3.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Overselling much!?

Selling what? I am not the producer of the show or even remotely connected. I am just....a fan!

If you are not interested, do whatever you want. I don't care.

You missed a G in the spoiler.
I don't watch the Flash but I have watched a few (emphasis on few) episodes here and there and the crossover episodes. I would say Iris was not a strong part of the show.
From what I have seen from the internet the general consensus is The Flash S1>>S2>>>S3.

Ok since you have posted this, I have to chime in - Iris is a very strong part of the show. Its not exactly like the comics (synopsis of which I read on the internet; personally never read the comics) but from the show standpoint, Iris is a pretty strong part of it. This season was almost entirely devoted to saving Iris's life

As far as your last line, yes S3 falls at the end of the line. But personally, I liked S2 >> S1. It was because of Zoom, and he truly was a great villian.

I have some doubts from season 1 and 2. I will pm you them later tonight or tomorrow ;p

Feel free. :) I think I might go back to Season 1 and Season 2 in a month or so when I start craving the show. :P :D

Last edited:
S

Satan666

Flash ever got into a relationship with Iris? Didnt follow after season 1.

S

Satan666

Selling what? I am not the producer of the show or even remotely connected. I am just....a fan!

If you are not interested, do whatever you want. I don't care.

Ok since you have posted this, I have to chime in - Iris is a very strong part of the show. Its not exactly like the comics (synopsis of which I read on the internet; personally never read the comics) but from the show standpoint, Iris is a pretty strong part of it. This season was almost entirely devoted to saving Iris's life

As far as your last line, yes S3 falls at the end of the line. But personally, I liked S2 >> S1. It was because of Zoom, and he truly was a great villian.

Feel free. :) I think I might go back to Season 1 and Season 2 in a month or so when I start craving the show. :P :D

No need to be so arrogant, calm yourself down playboy....

B

Bigby Wolf

Arrow season 5 was 'frigginn' amazing,what a cliffhanger at the end of the season.The best cw show by far this season literally killed The flash and its other counterparts and Stephen frigging Amell take bow man near perfect potrayal of Oliver Queen/Green Arrow.
Adrian Chase and the best one DeathStroke returns in the finale
Prometheus was amazing as a villian.
Season 3 and 4 were bit disappointing but just one sentence to sum up this season 'Arrow season 5 you have not failed this time'.Really must watch for all those Arrow fans who stopped it after season 3.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Fans can also do that.

If your perspective is that 'fans oversell shows', then you need to re-wire yourself. Fans talk passionately about something they like. Like e.g. lots of Indian fans here post in threads about Indian cricket team and praise the team, its players, etc. Does not mean they are overselling the team. They are just fans who find passion in talking about what they like. If you don't want to see it, ignore it and move to the next post.

Jack Ryder said:
Being the central point of the story and being strong point of the show is different.
Either it's her writing or her acting which makes me feel they could have done better with casting.

Opinion respected, but vehemently disagreed. I think Candice Patton (Iris) is as good a casting as Grant Gustin (Barry) or Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin) or Carlos Valdes (Cisco).

If Iris is about to die, the emotions were outpouring. But if Caitlin or Cisco are about to die, the emotion is definitely less. Yes because its the relationship of Iris with Barry. But its two way where Candice has given the acting that has made people tie to her.

To me, Joe West is my most favorite character and then Iris and then Barry Allen. And that's because of purely the actors.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Fans talk passionately about something they like. Like e.g. lots of Indian fans here post in threads about Indian cricket team and praise the team, its players, etc. Does not mean they are overselling the team. They are just fans who find passion in talking about what they like.
If the team is great then it's okay but if not it's overselling.
Emotions would be high on Cisco.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Arrow season 5 was 'frigginn' amazing,what a cliffhanger at the end of the season.The best cw show by far this season literally killed The flash and its other counterparts and Stephen frigging Amell take bow man near perfect potrayal of Oliver Queen/Green Arrow.
Adrian Chase and the best one DeathStroke returns in the finale
Prometheus was amazing as a villian.
Season 3 and 4 were bit disappointing but just one sentence to sum up this season 'Arrow season 5 you have not failed this time'.Really must watch for all those Arrow fans who stopped it after season 3.

Careful dude! You might be accused of overselling the 'Arrow'. :rolleyes:lol:p

Arrow is something I need to try again. Its another one of those shows where I have unfortunately not gotten past the Pilot episode of Season 1 yet. I liked the episodes in Flash whenever the Arrow made an appearence. Maybe I need to push through. I tried Legends of Tomorrow yesterday. Pretty interesting for a first day. But it has only 7/10 rating in IMDB (which is low according to typical IMDB standards; 8+ is considered good). Any feedback on it?

B

Bigby Wolf

Careful dude! You might be accused of overselling the 'Arrow'. :rolleyes:lol:p

Arrow is something I need to try again. Its another one of those shows where I have unfortunately not gotten past the Pilot episode of Season 1 yet. I liked the episodes in Flash whenever the Arrow made an appearence. Maybe I need to push through. I tried Legends of Tomorrow yesterday. Pretty interesting for a first day. But it has only 7/10 rating in IMDB (which is low according to typical IMDB standards; 8+ is considered good). Any feedback on it?
Considering you are a big flash fan you might like legends because of time travel stuffs,the first season is slow and bit boring but 2nd season is actually what one want to see and its good to watch compared to 1st
If you really want to watch another dc tv show i would recommend watch Arrow considering how amazing the 5th season was.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Considering you are a big flash fan you might like legends because of time travel stuffs,the first season is slow and bit boring but 2nd season is actually what one want to see and its good to watch compared to 1st
If you really want to watch another dc tv show i would recommend watch Arrow considering how amazing the 5th season was.

I have a slightly long Memorial Day (USA) weekend starting tomorrow (5 days - I am taking 2 extra days off). Arrow is my front runner on a show that I want to binge watch. I tried Agents of Shield again today and again I couldn't get past first episode (maybe some time later). Legends probably next!

Users who are viewing this thread