Unluckiest Cricket Player

Simon Jones and Shoiab Akhtar are having so many injury problems that most of the time they are proving there fitness in matches rather than skills.

Subramanium Badrinath i think he has lot of potential but selection panel not giving him one chance.

Azharuddin was tad unlucky not get get his 100th test

inzi had a great career but the way he had to go out was very sad.

i think robert key is unlucky player because he got brilliant 200 vs west windies then drop him i not understand why !!

David Hussey, he got play brilliant and he had lot runs , he not called up aussies yet !

Because Symonds, Gilchrist, Hussey, Clarke and heck even Hodge >>>>>>>>>>> David Hussey.

VVS Laxman for not getting selected for the 2003 World Cup, in the midst of his Purple Patch.

VVS Laxman for not getting selected for the 2003 World Cup, in the midst of his Purple Patch.

VVS is not a good ODI player. If he wanted to get in team he should have worked hard at it as Dravid did and became most reliable player in ODI too.

Waqar Younis and Saeed Anwar. After the WC, even though they were 33 and 32, they were not selected for the series against India and they both had to retire with a lot of cricket to play!

It was good time for Saeed Anwar to leave, because he was no longer the old SA.. and I agree with the Waqar Younis one..

Fleming has been unluckyish. A few reasons

He hit his best ODI knock in an unofficial match vs a world XI. It would have been the fastest century at the time I think.
He's had a poor team to captain in tests the last decade
He never got to play his last ODI at home

Also, anyone who seems to get injured a lot. Bond, Watson, Flintoff, Jones, Akhtar (though he also got banned for being an ass).

Shane Warne for making 99 as his top score and possibly being caught off a no ball.

Dizzy - Making one of, if not the best all-round performance in a test ever and being dropped. Also would probably still be playing internationals for any other side. Also for running into Waugh and breaking his leg in a match.

Last edited:
There was an Autralian cricketer.He was in a highway accident.Luckily, he was unhurt but a littke distorted.He then stumbled upon onto the highway and was run over.Unfortunately, he died.Dont know the name .

Oh, oh, Amol Muzdamar. Very unlucky to not have played for India, excellent batsman. Legend has it that when Vinod Kambli and Sachin shared their world-record partnership at school level, Muzdamar was padded up to come in next.

Anyone have idea about Neil Johnson? ( Zimbabwe player ). He had amazing skills but the entire Zimbabwe team got scattered soon. Its really unlucky. Zimbabwe had their great team but players all of a sudden got scattered soon all together ( Rennie brothers, Goodwin, Streak, Flower brothers, Neil Johnson, Brandes ) and entire team is unlucky now. :p

Another one, I would say is, Zulu. I really have no clue why he wasn't selected for certain period of time after which he himself got frustrated if I remember right.

Oh, by the way, that elbow injury for Tendulkar because of his heavy bat. :mad That played a lots taking Sachin in different directions. Still, he is a legend. :)

Of the Tasmanian Tigers I could name Cox, Griffith and Wright as all pretty unlucky to have missed out. And to think Di Venuto and Young have gotten a gig.

Once again Waqar Younis. Because he was dropped for 2 years in the late 90's, which if he played, could have got him to 500 wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread