Unpopular Cricket Opinions - T20WC Edition

Hardly breaking any ground with this, but I am quite keen on sharing takes that may not be popular amongst the populous.

With the first one being, I think Rashid Khan is severely overrated.
Rashid Khan who play for Afghanistan and Rashid Khan who playing with better coach and facilities is completely different player in my opinion... He is solid good bowler, but he only can improve him self with better coach and facilities I guess...

Great thread. Let me add my own spicy takes.
  • Dhoni should have retired from international cricket by 2016 but instead stayed on to the detriment of the Indian team and was arguably one of the worst keeper batters in international white ball cricket among full members.
This.

Have been saying this 2018 he was sitting ducks in international cricket teams either Target him by bowling good length around off stump or just bowl left arm spinner to him.

International T20Is should be abolished, apart from World Cups.

In agreement! But a part of me thinks that T10 will become the favoured format. Given that the ICC is so keen on having the game in the Olympics and Commonwealth, the T10 format would be the perfect ploy. Then again, should be only clubs and for international matches they ought to stick to World Cups.

Another thing I feel (have voiced this out previously), Test cricket will die out soon with the exception of the Big 3- that too, until India continue to dominate at home. The moment, the Indian domination of Test cricket stops, one will see a rapid decline in the format- England and Australia might just be the only countries who will end up giving more attention to this.

Few more from me:
  1. The Super Series that the ICC mooted in 2005 should be re-started. It is a much better alternative to the WTC
  2. ICC should scrap the Champions Trophy and have a 16 team Knock out.

England's red jersey's are the worst. It doesn't suit them at all.
A Nepali friend of mine told me that the current England T20I jersey kinda resembles the Nepali jersey from 2018, and now I can't stop thinking about it :sweat:
I guess, the English jersey has a bit more red though.

Attachments

• 1693798277167.png
    1693798277167.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1693798363337.png
    1693798363337.png
    904.4 KB · Views: 2
Also an unpopular opinion from me I'd like to share...

World Cup Qualifier should happen in the same country the World Cup is supposed to happen.

The teams coming in from the qualifier will be able to examine the conditions and perhaps can play better in the similar conditions during the world cup, and actually pose a threat.

And, one not so unpopular opinion is that ICC should indeed bring back the Global Qualifer for T20 World Cups.

A Nepali friend of mine told me that the current England T20I jersey kinda resembles the Nepali jersey from 2018, and now I can't stop thinking about it :sweat:
I guess, the English jersey has a bit more red though.

Nepal should play in a triangular jersey- similar to their flag- would make them stand out more!

World Cup Qualifier should happen in the same country the World Cup is supposed to happen.

And face yet another ticketing fiasco?:laughter:

I'll roll out some of mine

Colin de Grandhomme was amongst NZ's top 3 most important players at home in tests during his career
Sean Williams would have 10k+ International runs had he played for one of the Big 3
Jadeja is not in the top 20 T20 All Rounders in the world
Discussing the cricketing scene of countries outside the top 7-8 is way more interesting than the top 5, every opinion under the sun is already beaten to death especially for India
Michael Neser is just not better than being a fringe level international player, I've seen people who rate him good enough to start regularly for Australia and I just dont think hes that good

Users who are viewing this thread