Unpopular Cricket Opinions - T20WC Edition

In terms of bowling, I would rate Maheesh Theekshana over Wanindu Hasaranga.

Projected Scores are totally useless. There is no merit in knowing how much the batting team will score if they keep going at their current run rate or some arbitrary run rate.

LBW rule should consider "pitched" attribute as irrelevant. If technology says it's hitting the stumps decision should be out irrespective of whether it pitched outside leg or not.

Projected Scores are totally useless
Isn't that a popular take?

Projected Scores are totally useless. There is no merit in knowing how much the batting team will score if they keep going at their current run rate or some arbitrary run rate.
Some apps like cricviz and Cricinfo use other formulas rather than just net run rate.

LBW rule should consider "pitched" attribute as irrelevant. If technology says it's hitting the stumps decision should be out irrespective of whether it pitched outside leg or not.

Isn't that a popular take?
I don't think pitched is an issue, but I feel impact should be irrelevant. Just as long as no bat was involved and the ball was hitting the stumps then it should be out

Gautam Gambhir would have been a far better captain for India than Kohli. Kohli, as a deputy to Gambhir would have made for a killer combination....

Gautam Gambhir would have been a far better captain for India than Kohli. Kohli, as a deputy to Gambhir would have made for a killer combination....

Gambhir played under Kohli for two games so… how does this work?

From what I've seen of Gambhir, I think he'd have made a good captain

I don’t doubt Gambhir’s captaincy skills to be fair, it’s just that he was well past his prime when Kohli became captain.

Had Ashwin been a batting all rounder, he would have been appointed as the Indian test captain much earlier.

Had Ashwin been a batting all rounder, he would have been appointed as the Indian test captain much earlier.
Very badly worded. It made me go to Cricinfo to check if Ashwin had just been appointed Test captain.

On the contrary, had Jadeja not struck gold with those 'once in a bluemoon batting'displays, Ashwin would have been captain now.

ODI batting averages are hugely inflated due to the size of the bats, pitches and the dimensions of the ground. A 100 no longer seems to have the value it did back in the early to mid 2000's.

So even though Kohli will likely finish with more than 50+ ODI Centuries - the quality of Sachin's will always be greater because of the era, quality of balling and the team that he had compared to the one Kohli has.

ODI batting averages are hugely inflated due to the size of the bats, pitches and the dimensions of the ground. A 100 no longer seems to have the value it did back in the early to mid 2000's.

So even though Kohli will likely finish with more than 50+ ODI Centuries - the quality of Sachin's will always be greater because of the era, quality of balling and the team that he had compared to the one Kohli has.
Kohli>>>>>Lappu sa Sachin.

Users who are viewing this thread