VB Series

What a great win from Australia, needing 7 off the last 3 balls. Lee hit a 6 over cover, then a misfield single of the second last ball.

:D

WHAT A THRILLER!!!!!

What a game.....7 runs needed from 3 balls and Lee hit a six to level the score and next ball got a single to lead Australia to a magnificent win!!!!

7th Match Australia vs India

Toss: India

India 296/4 (50 ov) (Laxman 106*, Yuvraj 139) (Lee 2/46)
Australia 225/8 (33.5 ov) (Gilchrist 95, Ponting 42) (Ganguly 3/41,Pathan 3/51)

Result: Australia won by 2 wickets (D/L method)

Man of the Match: Yuvraj Singh

Points Table
Aus-23 pts
India-18pts
Zim-1pt

Lee became Australia's hero with a huge heave over the offside as he made a target of 11 runs in the final over look easy.

India have been fined for maintaining a slow over-rate in their last one-day international against Australia by Clive Lloyd, the match referee.

The ICC's Code of Conduct states that each player will be fined 5% of his match fee for each of the first five overs that the side is behind the required rate, while a figure of 10% applies to the captain. Since India were three overs behind, the players were fined 15%, and Sourav Ganguly, 30%.

Ganguly was also charged with a level two offence, described as "conduct contrary to the spirit of the game, on the basis of time wasting". For this, Ganguly was fined an additional 50% of his match fee.

ganguly certainly does waste time. The lights at the SCG were supposed to be turned off at 11:00 pm AEDST.

8th Match India vs Zimbabwe

Toss: India

India 280/7 (50 ov) (Laxman 131, Dravid 56, Gavaskar 54)(Streak 3/53)
Zimbabwe 277/6 (50.0 ov) (Carlisle 109, Ervine 100) (Agarkar 3/39)

Result: India won by 3 runs

Man of the Match: VVS Laxman

Agreed. The Zimbabwians would of been delighted if they had won. I would of been over the moon! I guess I just hate India.

Users who are viewing this thread