VB Series

First let me start by saying that aus and india have played the best cricket that the world has seen years and this indian tour down under is one of the most thrilling in years!I agree with some of the forum members. What Dravid did was wrong , but people seem to be lenient when it comes to australia and england. Re: Brad williams outburst after getting ganguly out. the "repair " of the pitch at melbourne just to quote a few. Isnt it funny that the team most known for sledging gets away with warnings most of the time , whereas the team that is supposedly docile gets pulled in for "excessive appealing" and "inappropriate behaviour". The worst was when fleming and kasprowicz kept sledging sachin repeatedly during his famous knocks in sharjah , and they didnt even get a warning!!!
I live in the US and have been following this tour closely and watching the matches online. Cant wait for the finals- whichever side wins it is going to be cloooose!
PS Whats up with the Indian batting line up , cant seem to do anything wrong these days!!

Match report from Sharjah- April 24 1998.- "As Tendulkar reached the bowler's end, Kapra stood four square in his path and let loose a mouthful. What was said was not clear, but it was apparently enough to provoke Tendulkar, who normally shrugs off such incidents, into giving the bowler a glare and, when something more was said, into a crisp retort."
Then came disgraceful incident number two. Fleming kept rapping Azhar on the pads, but each time the batsman was outside the line. The second such strike, and appeal (the ball, again, clearly down leg side) was turned down by Bucknor. Rightly, as the replay showed. Fleming first laughed in disbelief, turning towards the umpire. Then, as Azhar was running past him for the leg bye, he turned and lashed out with his leg, in a footballer's approximation of a volley -- his boot missing Azhar's midsection by very little."

It did happen, but everyone forgot about it due to tendulkars great knock!

i think brett lee has been the worst for australia bowling wise you cannot bowl yorkers and short balls at sachin tendulkar and give away 83 runs

he need to practice his line and lenght and his runups (bowls too many noballs aswell)

Originally posted by squiz
He hasn't bowled as many no-balls in VB Series as compared to the Test Series

he went for 200 runs in the last test and almost 100 in odi..he is a big flop.

agree with you there squiz, it will be fun to watch Lee in the finals to see how he performs

Originally posted by squiz
When Lee bowls good, he is one of the best in the world
But when he bowls bad, he's bloody aweful

Similar to Shoaib Akthar. Freddie Flintoff though seems to always bowl good balls and not bowl awfully.

Glenn Mcgrath is the indeed a good bowler who is missing from vb series due to injury

10th Match Aus vs Zim

Toss: Zimbabwe

Australia 263/9 (50 Ov) (Bevan 56)

Result: Match abandoned No result

Users who are viewing this thread