VB Series

WA could have as many Test players back as they like, they still wouldn't have a decent bowling attack :p

I think pakistan will contain Ausii in ODIs. Afridi will plsy key role.Butt,Hameed,Younas are in ood touch so batting will be fine. Bowlers are really Rana,Akhtar and sami they should playall matches and I still want one of Shabeer or Gul in team for better results.

Gilchrist, Ponting, Martyn, Gillespie, McGrath and Kasprowicz are all in good form, I think we'll win the series quite easily

I know one thing for sure pakistan won't go down with out a fight.

Or to paraphrase, Pakistan won't go down without the lower order being forced to make a series of long and tedious partnerships to avoid total disgrace.

Yep I expect Australia to win the VB series quite comfortably, although Pakistan can be quite dangerous in one days on their day, you never know.

I think the ODI series will be much closer than the test series. Australia may have a very, very impressive record in ODI matches but for some reason I find them a little vulnerable. :P And ODI matches don't necessarily require the best team to win -- just the one with more luck and a few guys firing. That's ODI cricket, McGrath can pick up 4/20 in his 10 over spell but who knows, Afridi might blast off from number 9 and get 40 odd in 18 balls.

I don't know why everyone is writing the Windies off so much when they proved in the ICC Champions Trophy that they have a pretty good ODI side.

Users who are viewing this thread