Vista Theme

the vista transformation pack 6 final has finally got rid of all bugs and is fully functional. Me having no extra graphics power can run it as easily as a normal windows xp without any problems :) Plus get glass2k with it and you're a vista owner buddy :D

Drewska said:
How do you install that theme...i've extracted the mssstyle file but when I click it it comes up with the XP one.

Do any other themes work for you? If not then you didn't extract the msstyle properly.

Drewska said:
where do I extract it lol

make sure you have replaced the uxtheme properly, which i had in my post in the 1st page. extract it anywhere you wish then go to WINDOWS>resources>themes and drag it into there (with the shell if it came with one) and then double click the msstyle of your new theme.

Hey,
I downloaded it, but then it says its not a recognized archive. It has the extention .zip so idk..

ummm, try download Winrar and then try extract it using winrar

google search winrar :p

XRichX said:
ummm, try download Winrar and then try extract it using winrar

google search winrar :p
Yeah, tried it with that too.
Nvm, i realinstalled it differently (Clicked Open with->Winzip ;))
I got the Vista Transformation pack. Its pwnage.
Is glass2k enabled by default or do we have to set it because it looks pretty sweet atm, and i was wondering if Glass2k was enabled it would look sweeter..

you have to download it separately i think, glass 2k makes the WHOLE window transparent, not just the window border like the Vista i don't think, but it still looks pretty nifty and is a treat to use (easy).

btw if you were still trying to get the theme installed, you could download the Crystal Clear Brico Pack, which i use and that actually patches the uxtheme for you and you can use third party VS, so you could have tried that,
Crystal Clear Brico Pack Thread

Last edited:
o i did this at first....i used the transformation pack for a bit but now i hav vista itself...i got a new computer last week and its awesome. its a vaio and i love it...highly recommendable

Users who are viewing this thread