Warne Retiring (confirmed)

aus5892 said:
You don't think he will take one wicket in this entire match?
I'm just saying that there can be reasons why it won't happen, it's odds on too happen, but there is always a chance. For all we know the last two tests could get rained off or something.

He will announce he is returning to ODI cricket for the World Cup.

I hope he doesn't retire :(

I Hope he will announce his retirement after the Wcup

He was a great leg spinner may be some of the current young leg spinners will step up and if even they have 50 percent his quailities it will be great.

The word legend is over used but glen mcgrath and shane warne are true legends. if the reports are true and they are to leave cricket it will be very sad. i cant imagine england playing australia without collapsing because of warnes bowling :p.

i heard that he wants to spend more time with the kids and get back together with simone. Good on ya warnie, cheers for the great times mate

:( sad day for cricket if it's true he is just amazing. i was kind of hoping we would retire against just england :p.

Warney

Shane Warne will be missed for more than just his bowling,he is a great tactition and a more than decent lower order batsman.Going out to play with Shane Warne must feel like having the advantage of two extra players.I also feel that Shane Warne would have made an extremely good Australian captain........He will truly be missed by all cricket lovers.No matter where they come from.

duded64 said:
The word legend is over used but glen mcgrath and shane warne are true legends. if the reports are true and they are to leave cricket it will be very sad. i cant imagine england playing australia without collapsing because of warnes bowling :p.
The phrase "The word legend is over used but" is over used :p

The retirement of 2 of the best ever bowlers, just why couldn't they have done it a month ago! No longer will we see the days of pressurising batsmen by having McGrath going from one end and Warne from the other.

I wonder what the odds are on Warne getting two 10'fers in Melbourne and Sydney.

It says that he will retire from international cricket but I cant see him staying on in Domestic Cricket as the type of guy that he is, he will want to go out with a bang rather than playing a low key CC game etc.

Kev said:
Only 2 things in life are certain

Death and Shane Warne taking an English wicket.
You missed change. That makes 3 things.

Sad. Sad sad sad. :(
Terrible news. Both of them my idols. Pidge and Warnie.
Now they are retiring, terrible news.
Both Legends. Can't believe, just can't believe it.

Right time imo. Go out on the high of winning the Ashes in probably the best side ever to grace a cricket pitch in recent years.
Legend

PhilD123 said:
It says that he will retire from international cricket but I cant see him staying on in Domestic Cricket as the type of guy that he is, he will want to go out with a bang rather than playing a low key CC game etc.

Why? He really enjoys captaining Hampshire.

PhilD123 said:

The title actually says "Warne set to retire from all cricket" so that includes the domestic comps.

Sad day it will be today when he announces it, I didn't see it coming as there were rumours he would go on to the 09 Ashes.

hampshire have said they expect warne to complete his contract so seems like he might still play the county circuit.

I think they probably made their decisions after winning at the WACA. They all seemed soo happy and wanted to end their careers at that point.

I wil be upset if Warne and McGrath quit. Both of them were soo good. :(

But remember, all these papers, news shows and stuff are presuming he is retiring, I wouldn't be surprised if he was pulling everyons leg. (Hey, I'm trying to be optomistic here)

Users who are viewing this thread