Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

IMG_4025.PNG
I just had a nailbiter of a test match. Set a target of 106 for SA to chase and had them reeling at 102 for 9 when I had Steyn clean bowled with a beauty. Immediately paused to watch the replay and the game crashed. Came back through the autosave and got Philander out at 104, but then Steyn got the winning runs by hitting a 4 over the extra cover area. Totally rubbed it in! But amazing, amazing experience.

Bowling in this game is a masterpiece. Under lights, the ball really swung for the first 10-12 overs and then as it got older, the line had to be adjusted.

I apologize for spoiling the thread with my experience but couldn't help my excitement :)

Last edited:
View attachment 178521 I just had a nailbiter of a test match. Set a target of 106 for SA to chase and had them reeling at 102 for 9 when I had Steyn clean bowled with a beauty. Immediately paused to watch the review and the game crashed. Came back through the autosave and got Philander out at 104, but then Steyn got the winning runs by hitting a 4 over the extra cover area. Totally rubbed it in! But amazing, amazing experience.

Bowling in this game is a masterpiece. Under lights, the ball really swung for the first 10-12 overs and then as it got older, the line had to be adjusted.

I apologize for spoiling the thread with my experience but couldn't help my excitement :)

Just on board mate. Plenty of room for more!

Johnny Bairatow is busy behind the stumps, great edges! Waiting to see a wrong-un by Rashid!

Got a naughty little wrongun just for you in this highlights package! Pakistan have gone beyond England but for what cost!!

One thing Iv noticed is that Moeen is rated 61 or so. It's noticeable he def needs to be bumped up. So attributes so make a difference.

Not to rehash the same debate we had before on dbc14 but unless or until you've rerun that like hundreds or even thousands of time it's kind of meaningless.

What if he's only 17 scoring shots but they 16 of them to juicy leg stump full tosses begging to be smashed for 4 then he squirmed a single...

Another guy might have hit 30 scoring shots in the same period but we're all cut off and he only got 1 single.

One test tells you absolutely nothing.

I have over 1,500 hours in DBC14 and this had the same feeling of the mentality settings doing sweet FA. How often does Cook go aerial IRL? It just feels random, like a few dot balls and then a slog at the end of the over like the last time around. I watched the whole thing and it's about intent as well. I didn't see any fewer aerial slogs with the hyper aggressive player than the defensive one. I'll try bowling soon instead of AI vs AI, but again I do feel that it is important because of the time spent in career mode where an AI bowler bowls at an AI batsman. I have spoken to Matt about it, which I really appreciate, and he said mentality is there, but it's subtle. A bit too subtle for me.

End of Day 1
Pakistan 324-6

Drama in the last over as Broad strikes with a double wicket maiden!!

@Langeveldt have a look at scorecard at the end my defensive project Misbah is 19 (54) whereas my aggressors Shafiq 45 (57) and Azam 55 (68) ;)

I guess I had better get bowling then...

I have over 1,500 hours in DBC14 and this had the same feeling of the mentality settings doing sweet FA. How often does Cook go aerial IRL? It just feels random, like a few dot balls and then a slog at the end of the over like the last time around. I watched the whole thing and it's about intent as well. I didn't see any fewer aerial slogs with the hyper aggressive player than the defensive one. I'll try bowling soon instead of AI vs AI, but again I do feel that it is important because of the time spent in career mode where an AI bowler bowls at an AI batsman. I have spoken to Matt about it, which I really appreciate, and he said mentality is there, but it's subtle. A bit too subtle for me.

I would definitely agree with subtle. But definitely there!

I would definitely agree with subtle. But definitely there!

maybe a slider for mentality going forward. You can adjust the slider on how subtle or not you want the mentality to be displayed during gameplay. Slider at "0" means there's no difference whatsoever and slider at "100" means Boycott will be a strokeless wonder and Viv Richards will aim to score run a ball century.

A Wealey tribute: cant wait to get this game and make some glorious soundtracks to this game. This track is pretty random and goes on a bit as it is just the basic layering: needs a screaming guitar or something on it but just wanted to show my appreciation for the game and your efforts!

@wealey88 you're going too quickly I can't keep up! What sliders are you on?

A Wealey tribute: cant wait to get this game and make some glorious soundtracks to this game. This track is pretty random and goes on a bit as it is just the basic layering: needs a screaming guitar or something on it but just wanted to show my appreciation for the game and your efforts!

Nice one!!

Ok so for the whole of that Test Match is was set at.....

Pace Bowling Speed Min - 60
Pace Bowling Speed Max - 80
Spin Bounce - 1
Spin Flight - 45
Pace Bowling Swing- 80
Pace Turn - 33
Spin Drift - 33
Spin Turn - 92
Pitch Friction - 66
Pitch Bounce 95
Ball Friction -70
Ball Bounce - 76

Shot Force - 45

Now, the ones in bold I still don't really know what they do. Ball and Pitch bounce must work together but I don't know how.

For the first 40 overs the ball was bouncing and going through to the keeper at head height as you prob can see. It also was bouncing a bit too much for the spinner so to compensate I lowered the spin bounce all the way down.

Then randomly the bounce just went out the pitch and it died. If this is intentional then bloody hell thags quality and I'm excited to experiment with other combos of pitches, but at one point I thought the sliders had broken.

My stamina also died and bowlers speeds died as well. Again perfect but this carries over to the second innings and they were knackered after 2-3 overs.

I think Bowling is absolutely class and the batsmen played lovely with also playing to their attributes. I think my spinners were a little under skilled.

New ball was a game changer!! I'm interested to see if Rashid takes centre stage in the second innings. He already has 2!

As the pitch got slower and lower the LBWS came into play as you can see. So if that is intentional it's ridiculously realistic.
@bigan

@MattW @blockerdave @Dutch @Markkkkk @Langeveldt
@BigAntStudios

This really does fill be with a lot more confidence about the game.

I do love seeing these leaves not far outside off or even on length going over the stumps. However, did you see any more realistic leave animations? Having the batsman lean back to get out of the way of a bouncer when the ball is only a few inches off the stumps is a bit weird.

@wealey88 I think it is important for bowlers to have good stamina I have seen the same of their pace and then accuracy falling off a cliff ml. Great stuff

Users who are viewing this thread