Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Been playing a bit and had Cook caught twice but wasn't given out (Both hit to the outfield so it wasn't an edge). 1st one the fielders wouldn't appeal and 2nd time around the umpire didn't give it (a nice catch to mid off at chest height).

Also had Tahir bowl one of the worst balls I've ever seen! Ball went to the moon and landed on the pitch next to the one we were playing one!

@wealey88 did you experience a lot of byes? I've found with these set ups (the one you're using and my old one) there are a lot of byes especially when the AI is bowling. Also I highly recommend switching your filter to retro really gives the game a better look!

second testing match for me; sliders unchanged.
bowling difficulty easy. batting difficulty medium. game difficulty pro.

I dont have any screen shots;

England elected to bowl and I (AUS) was sent in to bat.

All out for 375 (84 overs) was looking good at 4 / 325 when Handscomb got out on 96 and caused a huge collapse. I was trying to bunker down but just played all around a few balls.

I came out to bowl not happy with the collapse thinking I needed 480 + to bowl with. I rolled ENG for 181. This is on the same difficulty and sliders where just the other day they scored 498 in their first innings, so i feel like I actually put pressure on them and enticed them to drive with certain balls.

Some great dismissals included 3 or 4 catches by the keeper (also 2 dropped catches as i muffed the slow mo section). One of my favorites though would be Joe Root chopping on for a golden duck.

End of the first innings will finish it later.

Absolutely love this test match and haven't even altered any of the modifiers.

You have to be really clever with your bowlers. Keeping starc and hazelwood with high stamina is a must, as the ball starts to drift away from your line and length as their stamina drops.

I bowled with an almost 'Glenn McGrath" mentality bowling on a good length (A on XB1) and adjusting the pitch of the ball slightly and throwing in an effort ball (Right Trigger) then if i had 4 dot balls I would pitch it up further for a drive. Sometimes this resulted in them scoring four runs or playing right into my hands and misplaying the shot.

My brother even came and sat down and watched as England stumbled from 5 / 111 to all out 181 and he was clapping and cheering and the realism of how they got out.

Maybe I am just excited because the last cricket game i played was ASHES 09 haha

Been playing a bit and had Cook caught twice but wasn't given out (Both hit to the outfield so it wasn't an edge). 1st one the fielders wouldn't appeal and 2nd time around the umpire didn't give it (a nice catch to mid off at chest height).

Also had Tahir bowl one of the worst balls I've ever seen! Ball went to the moon and landed on the pitch next to the one we were playing one!

@wealey88 did you experience a lot of byes? I've found with these set ups (the one you're using and my old one) there are a lot of byes especially when the AI is bowling. Also I highly recommend switching your filter to retro really gives the game a better look!

No mate, not batted yet just been focussing on the bowling. I'm presuming you mean the AI gives away byes?!

No mate, not batted yet just been focussing on the bowling. I'm presuming you mean the AI gives away byes?!

Yea pretty much every short ball goes over the keepers head. Little annoying as it ends up with about 50+ byes.

I didn't get it that high! My old crumbling pitched didn't have that much lift. What was you playing on?

I'm not sure I started it a couple days ago but I think it's a dry, hard pitch. Would also explain the lack of spin I'm (not) getting...

Got a naughty little wrongun just for you in this highlights package! Pakistan have gone beyond England but for what cost!!

One thing Iv noticed is that Moeen is rated 61 or so. It's noticeable he def needs to be bumped up. So attributes so make a difference.

Deadset, your video's are surely silencing all the 'non-believers'. These gameplay vids look superb! Leg-Spin looks an absolute treat! & finally the AI batsman are respecting good balls.

@Dutch your music mate... that was an awesome addition to such great visuals!

I'm not sure I started it a couple days ago but I think it's a dry, hard pitch. Would also explain the lack of spin I'm (not) getting...

i played on a hard pitch last night in my match with no modifiers and the ball was zooming over my head.

it made it quite interesting because with Renshaw (who is tall) and Warner (who is very short) i had to play it differently. Renshaw in particular i had to get out of the way because it was smashing him in the helmet.

Renshaw was actually dismissed trying to leave a short ball which banged onto the stumps.

the HARD pitch definitely makes it a bouncer!

...Wait, what do I need to do?

Making my way through it now. Won't be tackling the game again until after the new year, had enough for a taste but really want to hit the PC version hard when I have more time! All this stuff is fantastic to read, I really enjoy it ...and great feedback for the BA guys as well.

Eager to avenge the recent drubbing I started a test match in India in typical Indian conditions, dusty worn pitch. Been an interesting game so far, noticed the scoring rate is much more realistic when you aren't simulating like you are in career although the AI still have a tendency to go after the final ball of the over often going aerial regardless of whats going on which is a bit annoying. Made a battling 235 in my first innings with a lovely 99 from Rooty who perished edging behind to a full wide one from Ashwin (or whatever his fake name is). Some great dismissals including a stumping for Bairstow after I moved him a bit down the pitch before a ball and trying a front foot shot. Indian reply was pretty poor aside from a decent 38 from Saha (I think), Fell to 31-5 with 2 great edges to bouncing leg spinners and 3 random shots into the deep. Also got a lovely bowled through the gate when Jadeja tried to come down to Moeen Ali and a nice lbw to a fuller leg spinner from Rashid. Spin bowling felt really good on this pitch and it felt like I was able to deceive batsman by bowling a good line and length with the occasional variation thrown in. Currently left it at the halfway stage after India got out for 143, going to aim for a lead of 280 and declare to make it vaguely interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread