Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

So I've started having a bowl. England v England in the hope that England can get a victory from somewhere.

Pro mode, (but ignoring all catch chances from balls 3-6 in the over), easy bowling.

Turns out bowling easy so you hit the greens more often makes the AI play with far more respect. It's starting to feel a bit like test cricket.

England 106/5 at lunch - I kept Cook to 36 from 62 balls, and Buttler has come out flying with 15 off 10. Too early to tell if I'm getting batsmen acting differently with their mentality, but for the first time Cook was, well, Cook. Got Moeen bowled beautifully after he played just slightly inside the line and his off stump went flying. Haven't had so many annoying late cuts to full yorkers either.

Since the patch I don't feel the need to adjust the modifiers at all, it feels perfect.

My observation playing around using the same sliders as @wealey88 is the modifiers aren't absolute but modify the existing conditions.

I see he is playing in Lahore. I assume a relatively slow low pitch to start with. I used his bounce settings on a pitch that was hard to start with and the ball was flying everywhere. Some good video to share tomorrow when I get a chance of keeper jumping to take the ball over his head.

Restarted and reset to default sliders... after 2 very cheap wickets I was a bit disappointed then got 3 beautiful edges.

Bowling in this game is just super.

Ok so here we go... no need for me to say anything....

I have simulated England innings. While I'm testing I don't need to be batting for hours. That's side of the game is in safe hands!

Enjoy....

I'd love to know why the bounce literally left the pitch!

For info Englands Score was 443 off 95 overs with Cook and Root scoring 100's.

Annoyingly I simulated the first 5.5 over and of the Pakistan innings and they are 34-0 at a run a ball which kind of tells you how the AI bats in simulation.

Just note how the crowd reacts when the umpire overturned his decision..great :)

Been playing a bit and had Cook caught twice but wasn't given out (Both hit to the outfield so it wasn't an edge). 1st one the fielders wouldn't appeal and 2nd time around the umpire didn't give it (a nice catch to mid off at chest height).

Also had Tahir bowl one of the worst balls I've ever seen! Ball went to the moon and landed on the pitch next to the one we were playing one!

@wealey88 did you experience a lot of byes? I've found with these set ups (the one you're using and my old one) there are a lot of byes especially when the AI is bowling. Also I highly recommend switching your filter to retro really gives the game a better look!

There are a lot of byes especially if you increase the pace in sliders to about 75, wicketkeeper lets it go for 4 runs. It happens quite frequently.

There are a lot of byes especially if you increase the pace in sliders to about 75, wicketkeeper lets it go for 4 runs. It happens quite frequently.

The AI bowlers give away a lot of extras in general, specifically wides and byes. Maybe the AI bowling can be tightened a bit in a future update so as not to gift so many extra runs.

modifiers aren't absolute but modify the existing conditions.
And this shows the depth and variations to the bowling we can have in this game. I haven't touched the modifiers yet, but considering the different pitches and conditions, and if what you say is correct on the modifiers not being absolute, I can only imagine the different permutations & combinations we can have for bowling conditions in-game. I cannot go back to bowling in DBC14 after this one!

@wealey88 Your videos make me feel like its a television series..Cant wait for the next one , keep it coming..Amazing stuff..Watching the videos itself make me go ooh's and aah's, those edges my god they are brilliant, that Misbah's edge what a beautiful delivery and the representation of that edge in Hotspot was just beautiful....Now this is the stuff only BA can..:thumbs

It's nice to wake up to such a positive thread! Luckily I'm going to be at it all day!

@Langeveldt tge easy bowling is vital as like I said the better you bowl the better they bat. From my testing so far precise may be more defensive than conservative.

I'm going to finish Pakistans second innings. If anyone wants me to then test a particular match/pitch conditions then stuck it below.

I'll start with my current sliders then tweak where I see fit!!

@wealey88 what about an overpowered team against an underpowered team on a seam friendly wicket. See if you can get them out or if, as lesser players, they give it away.

Aus vs PNG or something along those lines.

Go soft. Complete opposite to your last pitch.

I mght be hard if you skittle them without them resorting to ridiculous shots though.

I`m thrilled with this game. I can`t get how people cannot see the huge potential this game has. I agree that the bugs and the crashes are annoying but BA have always been efficient in fixing them. This is a fantastic game already. I played it over the weekend last week and honestly do not understand some of the cribbing that is going on here. For the first time in the history of cricket gaming, there is a developer who has pushed the boundaries. I can`t think of any sports game with these many features, let alone a cricket game. Yet, people here are harping back to some 'glory' days where EA/Codemasters would dish out crappy cricket games which were all about bowling markers and giant looking players.

Also, this game is graphically really really good. The night games look fabulous and possibly one of the better night visuals I`ve seen in sports games. Secondly, if someone here tells you it looks like the game is graphically from the ps2 era, they are not in their senses. This is a solid game and the moments you can get in this game are pure cricketing magic.

Once the bugs are fixed which they surely will by BA, my weekends are sorted for years to come. Good job Ross and team. Keep going, you have a gem of a franchise in your hand. Ignore the trolls and finally we will have a product that we could never have imagined was possible a decade back. Thank you!

NOTE: On another note @wealey88, can you select pitch conditions in a series or is it only possible for casual matches?

Users who are viewing this thread