Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Looks fantastic, can't wait to play this over the weekend. Do the weather conditions at the time affect swing etc? any sign of rain and clouds at all? Is there visual changes to the pitch as a test goes on?

Pakistan lead by 34

Misbah and Younus play out back to. Ack maidens with nothing but defensive shots. They are in no hurry!!

It's nice to wake up to such a positive thread! Luckily I'm going to be at it all day!

@Langeveldt tge easy bowling is vital as like I said the better you bowl the better they bat. From my testing so far precise may be more defensive than conservative.

I'm going to finish Pakistans second innings. If anyone wants me to then test a particular match/pitch conditions then stuck it below.

I'll start with my current sliders then tweak where I see fit!!

Glad you can bowl all day! I've got some serious work on today.

For me, just take a note down of strike rates and their batting mentality. I am starting to get somewhere in my own test match, but I still need convincing.

Got spin at both end, they are just patting it back or padding up! Milking me for nothing but singles at the mo!
Oh, nothing in the pitch or its their mentality playing a part here?

As a PC player I promised myself to try to stay away from watching gameplay video (and discussions) before the release on Steam...so that it was all fresh to me when I actually got to play it. However, really enjoying this thread...nice work @wealey88 et al. Now looking forward to the PC release even more (though slightly annoyed that work will be sending me to the US for a chunk of Jan - Feb...so may not get anywhere close to playing the game for many weeks).

Pakistan fight hard but lose Younus!!

AI really playing playing sensibly!!

@Langeveldt mentalities are definitely a factor. I'm
Enjoying testing

@wealey88 Cool ... I have Buttler going for shots but Stokes having a block. Maybe I set him up wrong in the Academy (I know for some reason he was down as conservative?!) Work taking a back seat haha. Bowling is just such fun in this game since the patch.

Stokes stats are a bit weird in this game iirc, his attacking batting isn't any higher than the others and his fielding stats are very average as well

@wealey88 Cool ... I have Buttler going for shots but Stokes having a block. Maybe I set him up wrong in the Academy (I know for some reason he was down as conservative?!) Work taking a back seat haha. Bowling is just such fun in this game since the patch.

Did the patch do anything to the bowling. Have you noticed less stupid chip shots from the AI!!

If I can I'm going to bowl as Pakistan to England chasing the score!

Did the patch do anything to the bowling. Have you noticed less stupid chip shots from the AI!!

If I can I'm going to bowl as Pakistan to England chasing the score!

Well it just feels better, the ball quickly onto the bat hurrying the batsmen, good bounce and plays and misses.

I don't think it has cut the stupid chip shots to get caught out, but when you make the bowling difficulty easy and bowl in the greens all the time, you get better cricket and less chip shots

Well it just feels better, the ball quickly onto the bat hurrying the batsmen, good bounce and plays and misses.

I don't think it has cut the stupid chip shots to get caught out, but when you make the bowling difficulty easy and bowl in the greens all the time, you get better cricket and less chip shots

Yup! That's a huuuge part to bowling, which really don't make that much of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread