West Indies tour of England (Aug-Sept 2017)

olivera ricky

Banned
WI has good record at rose bowl vs England, winniing 2 vs 1 games so I assume they will do better today.Root need 46 more for 4000 ODI runs what is the score?

olivera ricky

Banned
Cong.Gayle for 250 sixes in ODI only Afridi in front of him with 270 sixes in ODI
56 for 1 in 7.5 overs WI.

Universal boss hits 5 sixes in his 40 out.ESPN3 showing in NY on my Roku3

olivera ricky

Banned
Ball took wicket of Shai (72) but he was gone for 94 off 9
10/1/94/1

I think both Mo and Adil Bowls very well here 20 overs for under 75 runs or so

288 for 6

England need 289 to go 4/0[DOUBLEPOST=1506700021][/DOUBLEPOST]Impressive debut by Sunil Amris 38 not out but I enjoy hitting of Ashley Nurse 9 ball 28 with 253 strike rate.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sad that Roy failed to get another hundred today, would have been well deserved. Puts England in a little pickle with choosing between Hales, Bairstow and Roy for the opening slots.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Jason Roy has already established himself as an able ODI opener, him and Hales are a pretty settled partnership, they've already amassed an aggregate of well over a thousand between themselves in little under 2 years since being paired together. Maybe not quite in the same league as De Kock-Amla and Warner (who is a head above the rest as an opener right now)-Finch at the moment. Still, more than good enough to set-up the innings for a world class middle-order.

Jonny Bairstow is an excellent counter-attacking batsmen but I think it's a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it. However it is nice that England are spoiled for choice in this respect, more than can be said for the player pool the test squad selectors are willing to consider.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jason Roy has already established himself as an able ODI opener, him and Hales are a pretty settled partnership, they've already amassed an aggregate of well over a thousand between themselves in little under 2 years since being paired together. Maybe not quite in the same league as De Kock-Amla and Warner (who is a head above the rest as an opener right now)-Finch at the moment. Still, more than good enough to set-up the innings for a world class middle-order.

Jonny Bairstow is an excellent counter-attacking batsmen but I think it's a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it. However it is nice that England are spoiled for choice in this respect, more than can be said for the player pool the test squad selectors are willing to consider.

Agreed. But you don't want to waste Bairstow's form and talent by having him on the sidelines. Maybe it would be better to complement the attacking Roy/Hales with a more composed Bairstow.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Agreed. But you don't want to waste Bairstow's form and talent by having him on the sidelines. Maybe it would be better to complement the attacking Roy/Hales with a more composed Bairstow.
There's a good chance Hales might not play for England for a while.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Steady on now, against the Windies mind :p

He does have as much right to be there as the other two but I'm happy for him to concentrate on honing his keeping and batting skills in the longer format rather than burdening him with the expectation to deliver at the top of the order in ODIs when there are others who are already capable of doing the job, not to say that he isn't, by any means.
Hales being out of the squad indefinitely does put a different spin on things though.

Users who are viewing this thread