West Indies Tour of England - July 2020

How many do England need to be sure but give Windies a sniff?[DOUBLEPOST=1595180432][/DOUBLEPOST]300 lead?

So we spent months and months and months complaining we didn't have openers who take the shine off the ball and make it easier for the rest....and what do we do when we found them?

I don't think the idea was bad but sending Buttler was the wrong move. The bloke is already bereft of confidence down the order and exposing him here to Roach out of all people is just foolish. If you need someone to complement Stokes without a totally defensive opener wasting time, send out Root who has actual experience as an opener for one and is also quite used to playing the new ball given how poor England's top three was not so long ago. He can exploit the gaps in a more defensive field rotating the strike and also defend a decent ball.[DOUBLEPOST=1595180562][/DOUBLEPOST]
How many do England need to be sure but give Windies a sniff?[DOUBLEPOST=1595180432][/DOUBLEPOST]300 lead?

I would imagine that the psychological aspect of the Headingley match is a factor here even if it is a no lose situation given that the trophy is lost if West Indies manage to draw here.

I think I have seen the best of mediocrity from England with Stokes and Buttler opening for England. I was like they've got overs so maybe 70-80 runs till stumps but then I saw both these guys at crease so somewhere few wickets were going down for sure.

This is just suicide it really is.......what kind of shots are they playing? Not even looking at the ball.......[DOUBLEPOST=1595180738][/DOUBLEPOST]Also very disrespectful to the Windies attack, thinking they can just make a Twenty20 of it. Sorry but this hasn't worked or the idea was right but the application is wrong.

I was about to post that even Crawley would have been a better choice as his FC SR is just two less than Buttler but seeing that he is back in the hut too, maybe I should stop jinxing. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1595180919][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whoever would have thought of sending Buttler out for the SuperOver would need a good talking to!

In all honesty they could have looked at the situation and figured they required expert advice from Bayliss. Him opening seems like a very previous regime move to make.

Jos Buttler? What is the point.
"Jos Buttler bravely stepped up to face the ferocious West Indies attack in the fading light to try and help the team win. He volunteered, we didn't even have to ask him. He showed the kind of character that will see him in this test team for many years to come."

p01h4qbg.jpg

"Jos Buttler bravely stepped up to face the ferocious West Indies attack in the fading light to try and help the team win. He volunteered, we didn't even have to ask him. He showed the kind of character that will see him in this test team for many years to come."

p01h4qbg.jpg

Grab yer Jimjams and the peanut butter boys, looks like Buttler's back on the menu!"

In a way Root's Captaincy looks similar to MS Dhoni's Test Captaincy in the later years. I often find it that he turns extremely defensive and let's the opposition take the match away from England's grasp even when England has a clear upper hand. If there was Alastair Cook as Captain he would be happy to declare with the lead somewhere around the 300 mark while I think Root will go for 350+ and the match would certainly end in a draw. Let us just wait and see what happens today.

Any particular reason why 4/5 (Anderson, Broad, Woakes and Sam Curran ) England seamers were sporting a headband/hairband? Fashion? Long hair? Cause?

Users who are viewing this thread