West Indies Tour of England - July 2020

I really like how Woakes is bwoling these days: looks sharper, fitter.

Broady going full Rambo![DOUBLEPOST=1595245892][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great start.

Who needs Andersom, Archer and Wood?
They are all around Archer's flat wondering how they will sneak back in![DOUBLEPOST=1595245968][/DOUBLEPOST]Baaaaarrrrrroadyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Smash! Perfect delivery!

West Indies really need to look at their batting after this series, maybe even get Nkrumah Bonner in for the third. Hopefully a couple of the younger guys can continue to improve in the domestic season.

But, even Bravo and Hetmyer coming in wouldn't improve them that much. Got to assume sorting out that department is a big priority for Simmons.

Gotta be tough for England next test to decide who should go out for Archer. Woakes has been so good in this game.

West Indies really need to look at their batting after this series, maybe even get Nkrumah Bonner in for the third. Hopefully a couple of the younger guys can continue to improve in the domestic season.

But, even Bravo and Hetmyer coming in wouldn't improve them that much. Got to assume sorting out that department is a big priority for Simmons.

In theory, getting Brathwaite back to his best as an opener averaging close to 40 (and by the looks of those two fifties, he might well be on the right track) and blunting the new ball should help along with Chase actually being allowed to play as a batting all-rounder at four or even three who bowls a bit rather than the primary spinner. The man can clearly bat as he has shown in this series. Brooks doesn't look too shabby and should be fine in the short-term and having Holder in the top seven should help. I would personally just go with one of Blackwood or Hetmyer, both of them in the same lineup would mean a collapse every other game haha. The second opener is the real worry, time to give da Silva run maybe?

1. Brathwaite
  2. Da Silva?
  3. Brooks
  4. Chase
  5. Blackwood/Hetmyer
  6. Dowrich
  7. Holder
  8. Cornwall

Haven't included Bravo here given how poor he was versus India but if he does return to his best he should walk back in for Brooks. A lack of batsmen who can contribute a big innings is an issue but Cornwall all the way down at eight and with one of Joseph or Paul to follow offers some decent depth at least in home conditions.

As for Hope, he reminds me of a Kusal Mendis in reverse. Continues to be picked in the one format owing to performances in the other and a playing style that should on paper work but at least he does have the domestic record to show that he is capable. Axing him to allow some work on his issues should do him a world of good.

Gotta be tough for England next test to decide who should go out for Archer. Woakes has been so good in this game.
I have been really impressed with Woakes this test as I have said he looks fitter and more dangerous than i have seen him in the past

Users who are viewing this thread