West Indies Tour of New Zealand November/December 2013

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
First a horrible shot by Rutherford and now Fulton, there were big centuries out there for both of them. When will our batsman ever learn? :facepalm

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bit disappointed in the Redmond selection really, hes past it to be perfectly honest. A couple of nice spells by Best but the Windies are really missing Roach and Rampaul, Gabriel has been pretty awful and even though Sammy has been ok, he should never be a third seamer.

I don't think it's that bad. Most people were kind of annoyed when he did get dropped after his 83 and he is in good form. If he does well then it's good for NZ cricket as it creates competition. If he doesn't well Williamson will be fit for the next game so we're fine

ferg512

International Coach
I don't think it's that bad. Most people were kind of annoyed when he did get dropped after his 83 and he is in good form. If he does well then it's good for NZ cricket as it creates competition. If he doesn't well Williamson will be fit for the next game so we're fine

I just wouldn't have minded someone like Cachopa (CD one lol forgot his name) or Latham getting a go, I guess it doesn't matter though as it will probably be the last test/series he plays in. Great partnership by Taylor and McCullum, both really needed those tons. The Windies bowling was pretty bad though (although I loved Bests effort), Gabriel probably shouldn't be in the squad based on today. Couldn't even land the seam upright.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Just wondering NZ supporters, if this McCullum revives his batting & with Ryder coming back soon, what would be your preferred top 6 in tests?

Would you drop Anderson for Ryder or would you drop one of the openers, keep Anderson & ask McCullum to open again?

ferg512

International Coach
Just wondering NZ supporters, if this McCullum revives his batting & with Ryder coming back soon, what would be your preferred top 6 in tests?

Would you drop Anderson for Ryder or would you drop one of the openers, keep Anderson & ask McCullum to open again?

Its an interesting one, I'll wait and see how Anderson does in this series but the problem with dropping him is we are then a bowler short. His mediums came in really handy in Bangladesh. We can forget about dropping one of the openers because McCullum will definitely not do it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Its an interesting one, I'll wait and see how Anderson does in this series but the problem with dropping him is we are then a bowler short. His mediums came in really handy in Bangladesh. We can forget about dropping one of the openers because McCullum will definitely not do it.

Ok cool just wondering. Good solid test side in the making for NZ, as i always say.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Ryder is potentially a decent opener, he's pretty late on the ball which is what you want for playing swing. more than a few people have compared his style to trescothick.

Fkas

International Cricketer
What a fantastic test match turning it to be.
Well done bravo :clap

----------

If WI managed to add another 200 runs, It would be an amazing end to watch. :D

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't think that five fine days in a row in Dunedin would be possible, and it wasn't. I can see another nil all series with a couple more of these pitches.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ryder is potentially a decent opener, he's pretty late on the ball which is what you want for playing swing. more than a few people have compared his style to trescothick.

Hmm my memory of Ryder batting is a bit sketchy - so i wont agree or dispute about the probable similarities to his style to Trescothick.

However when he does return, opening possibly could be place to accommodate him. After all Fulton is the least talented player of their current top 7.

Users who are viewing this thread