Story West Indies tour of the sub-continent

At the end of the session, West Indies were 132/1. They should be pretty happy considering the way the pitch was keeping low.

If West Indies continue this way, Bangladesh are going to find themselves in a lot of trouble.

Scorecard at the end of the session:

Yup. Considering the pitch conditions, Gayle had to bat sensibly, otherwise he would have lost his wicket very early. He is warming up in the next session, though.

Originally posted by msamina
Ravi,

Do you think you will be able to provide me with your updated patch before the Bangladesh second innings, which means in a day or two ?

Thanks,

Hiya Murali, sorry for not having uploaded the changed version as I was a little busy over the last week. I have changed the test cricket patch quite a bit but unfortunately I am not fully through it testing. I have tested the patch bowling fast and spin but only for very few overs.

I have come up with a hugely different test cricket patch this time around and so far it looks pretty good. No more will CPU be only dominant on leg side, it will play on the merit of the ball all around the wicket. Also no more padding up issue as far I have seen. CPU will still leave the ball only when the ball is bowled on good length just outside the off stumps but wont get out LBW. There will be variety of shots played and CPU will play quite aggressively. It may be possible that it can get hard to contain the CPU unless you have good field set ups to stop the flow of runs. I have tested only around 15 overs meaning it has not gone through good enough testing. Also CPU will play quite well against the spinners and not rely only on couple of shots or three. Give it a go and let me know if you have any suggestions. This may not be the final version of the patch but it definitely is in the right path.

Attachments

• test cricket patch ver 2.0.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Thanks, Ravi. I also have not had much time to check out the forum or to play the game. I will be continuing to play the game and will use your updated version.

Will let you know how it works out. From what you say, it does sound exciting.

I am not sure what happened here. Some of my posts are missing. :(

Day 3 - Wrap up

Since, some of my posts are missing a re-cap. West Indies started off sensibly against Bangladesh. The wicket overall became very slow and the runs were difficult to come by. The odd ball was keeping low making it tricky for the batsmen. But, West Indies kept their cool and built very good partnerships. After Chanderpaul got out cheap to a ball that kept low, Lara and Samuels built a 152 runs partnership. Lara reached his century during this partnership. But, eventually he got run-out for 115.

But, Samuels continued his excellent form and went on to score his century, reaching his century by scoring a hatrick of fours. Sarwan, who joined Samuels after Lara's dismissal was in excellent nick and it was fun to watch him plunder away runs.

Sarwan's innings snaps:

Samuels got a reprieve when on 100, but did not go on for long and got out for 103 misjudging a simple on-drive. Neverthless, his innings put West Indies in the drivers seat.

Sarwan in the meantime, blazed to his 50, scoring it in just 53 balls. Jacobs joined Sarwan and started cautiously. Sarwan was the next man to go and got out for 61 off 83 balls. Jacobs was then joined by Powell and they put on 59 for the seventh wicket before Powell got out for 28. West Indies were 492/7 at this stage.

The tail-enders did not last long and the West Indies went past 500. With 9 wickets gone, Jacobs hit Talha Jubhair out of the ground a couple of times and scored another four before he perished top-edging a hook to Talha Jubhair.

The West Indies score-card looked like this:

Review of Batting

Overall, I think the Bangladesh bowled reasonably well. On this pitch, I think it would have made sense to bowl a little short, but more than 85% of the balls bowled by the Bangladeshi bowlers were too full and later on, when West Indies wanted to accelerate, they really had no trouble at all. I think they should probably bowl a variety of balls. I am not sure whether it is in your control. I think it should be, right?

Bangladesh Batting

Bangladesh started off the day slowly, as in the first innings. They were 257 runs behind. Dillon and Colin started the bowling for West Indies and they bowled really well and they bowled a bit short hoping for the odd ball keeping low. Dillon was rewarded very well for bowling this line and length and he got 2 wickets for 0 runs in the 5 overs that he bowled. Both Javed Omar and Habibul Bashar got out trying to defend a ball on their back-foot. The ball kept a bit lower and were clean bowled.

See attached snapshots:

Bangladesh ended the day at 19/2 off 11 overs. The two batsmen at the crease were Hannan Sarkar who had scored 8 runs off 39 balls while Ashraful is yet to get off his mark after facing four balls.

To conclude, Bangladesh find themselves in a lot of trouble.

Bangladesh bowling review

Ravi,

As you can see there seems to be a problem with how the batsmen judge the height of the ball. There is no denying the fact that the ball kept a little lower than normal on these two instances, but if there is a way for you to control this, it would be excellent.

Also, the previous problem with the batsmen leaving balls may not be entirely gone. See attached image. It happened two or three times, but the ball was a little higher, so the batmen escaped.

Finally, I had some time to complete playing this match. Even though no-one seems to be following this match, I guess I will still complete it.

Starting day 4 with 257 runs behind, Bangladesh had to contend with Merv Dillon who was in fine form and putting the ball in the right place hoping for the batsmen to make mistakes. This forced the batsmen into a shell and when Gayle was introduced into the attack, Hannan Sarkar decided to up the run-rate by going after him. Unfortunately, after a couple of excellent shots, he got out stumped. But Ashraful was in fine form and thrashed Gayle for four fours.

See attached snapshots:

New graphics

With some new graphics firmly in place, the match continued:

Lara introduced Merv Dillon and Collins back into the attack to stem the run-rate and it helped. The amount of runs went down to a trickle and Sonwar Hussain tried to hit a well disguised slow yorker and got out for 19. Khaled Mashud, the new batman did not last long. He went for 2 when Banks took a brilliant catch off Dillon. Pedro Collins took the wicket of Ashraful when a mis-timed hook shot was caught by R. Jacobs. Bangladesh were reduced to 107 for 6.

Users who are viewing this thread