Your Cricket what kind of a bowler are You?

what kind of bowler are you?

• a crafty leg spinner

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Sharp off spinner

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • agressive pass bowler

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • steady n' accurate medium pacer

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters
I like to bowl anything...

Off Spin, Pace, Slower Pace, No pace...

Leg Spin though that's hard to grab

hey guys, i started some weeks ago to get interested in spin bowling.
in this video you will see my first tries EVER......
i would like you guys to give me some feedback.....first of all take a look at my arm action. it does more look like a throw from my point of view....
we are total beginners from germany, no coaching or stuff like that......
i am the guy in white with the india cap.....
the first few balls were bowled with a hard ball but due to the field conditions (it rained for days) we decided to go on with a rubber ball....
here is the link: YouTube - German Cricket Beginners

white top bowler- you need to improve your line to right handers,too many deliveries are going down the legside,then maybe look fro a bit of variation-possibly the leg break.

Black top bowler-way too full

Had nets last night, probably the best ive bowled for a long long time, bowled the perfect offie delivery like swann v ponting ashes 2009, didnt turn quite as much as swanns but done the batsmen big time with flight and turn through the gate.
Dropped 3 caught and bowled aswell :mad

A swing bowler, who occasionally bowls spin and trying to become a spinner.

I was in the same boat and i think have become a decent off spinner with the ability to swing the ball with out too much change in action due to the medium pace background. Also, the seam background lets me extract a lot more bounce than tghe other spinners at my club

I went for the steady accurate medium pacer. When I can get it on the pitch that is...:noway

Last Sunday I played a match and I came on first change bowling left arm medium fast into a pretty strong breeze. First FIVE balls were wides :p Tried the usual over the wicket inswing for 2, then tried an away swinger - all 3 were wide outside off. Then came around the wicket, tried an away swinger - REALLY wide, then an inswinger which went way too far down leg and the keeper just touched to save 4. Finally on the 6th ball I went across the seam and from then on I was fine :thumbs Well apart from the full toss that went over midwicket for 6 :mad

I tend to be a bit Mitchell Johnson-y with the radar. But I'm fairly tall so I get good bounce and I surprise people with a bit of extra pace because my runup's only a few strides.

Type

Im a legspinner but i am struggling to bowl a googly. Could someone please tell me how to bowl a googly?

I am a slow loopy off-spinner but some time can bowl a faster and sharper one plus as a variety I can bowl DOOSRA.
I was a fast bowler until I put some weight.

Could someone please tell me how to bowl a googly?

While releasing the ball, you need to have your palm towards the sky. I've tried this many-a-times and this works, though I haven't been able to gather much pace.

Last edited:
medium swing pace bowler.
i love to bowl swing.

Quicky. With the 2nd best economy in the leagueof just under 5. Have a suorise slower ball and tend to swing away from right handers and sometimes on good bowling tracks in. Love bowling the yorker and am always used as a death bowler to slow down the run rate.

Users who are viewing this thread