What would you like to see patched?

To add to there being no free hits in ODIs, I've noticed that there's free hits in T20s for non-front foot no balls, aka bowling too many short balls per over.

Has anyone else noticed occasions where the games gives a freehit immediately after a runout, even though the previous ball wasn't a no-ball (Twenty/20)?

Not a chance.

I know. Perhaps they might need to go all over from motion capturing. At least the batsman could tap the bat on the ground and see down while tapping and forth the bowler and bend down a little while concentrating to executing a shot or watch the ball. Maybe they can do this in 2011(?) game(?). Would be awesome though, if they can do.

Hurr, playing as Australia vs Kenya in a T20 on easy (what, easy achievements), Brett Lee bowled, the batsman edged it behind, it went into the slow-mo, got a green ring around it, but Haddin didn't move, he just kinda looked at it. It rolled down towards the boundary, didn't make it, but the fielder ran past it twice, couldn't pick it up! It eventually went back to the bowling screen.

Hurr, playing as Australia vs Kenya in a T20 on easy (what, easy achievements), Brett Lee bowled, the batsman edged it behind, it went into the slow-mo, got a green ring around it, but Haddin didn't move, he just kinda looked at it. It rolled down towards the boundary, didn't make it, but the fielder ran past it twice, couldn't pick it up! It eventually went back to the bowling screen.

thats, more like X-files to me :D

I love the game, its one of the best cricket games I've played, although I have not played online yet so I can't comment on that.

The things I would most like to see fixed in a patch are:
1. AI bowling strategies, in the test matches I've been playing I tend to get complete overs of short pitched, full-length, or yorkers rather than mixing short with yorkers, etc, its a little repetitive and predictable (making it easier to play)

2. On a number of occasions both AI batsmen have run to the same end where I have thrown to the other, unfortunately the game does not allow me to throw to the other end and get the run out.

3. With overthrows I have experienced a phenomenon where the ball appears to fly past the stumps and then stop in mid-air rather than continue on its true trajectory

4. Edges not carrying to slips - this has been covered

5. Being able to use deteriorating aspects of the wicket - e.g., getting a little more deviation if you land the ball on a crack, or a little extra spin and/or bounce for spinners landing the ball in the rough made by bowlers' follow throughs (maybe this is something for future games).

6. The ability to employ reverse swing sooner - in the games I've played I have not come anywhere near getting the ball to a condition suitable for reverse swing, the innings finish too quick.

7. Perhaps some indication of ball condition to determine when it becomes suitable for bringing on the spinners - maybe at the end of each over there could be something indicating the condition of the ball, how well it is swinging, moving off the seam, etc.?

8. Some ability to control stumping chances, just a simple button press - the AI reacts a little slow sometimes if you could force the stumping chance at least it would feel like you have some input over what happens rather than just hoping the AI gets it right

9. The ability to appeal for LBW or catches edged to slips or the keeper. I have the PS3 version and there are at least a few buttons not employed for anything that could fill this role (and for stumpings).

10. Running - I don't mean the AI problems (although having these fixed would be good), but when you queue runs I feel the batsmen should run more flowingly (ie., turn more quickly when they get to the other end), they tend to stop and pause before going for the next run, which has caused me to get run out a few times. It appears that one sometimes waits for the other to make it to their end, but when they both get there at the same time they still turn slowly - I don't recall having this problem in a cricket game before.

11. This might be asking too much, but more cricket grounds would also be good!

12. Licensed teams for the other test-playing nations, and perhaps the world cup and T20 world cup series.

13. Tour modes similar to EAs cricket 2007

That's it for now, but I would like to stress that none of these issues has reduced my enjoyment of the game at all, I was quite surprised at how good it really is. I just think addressing the issues raised in this topic would give the game a good polish.

That's all for now

All I want to be fixed are: (A) Over aggression by AI. Specifically for Test matches and to some extent, for ODI matches. Also, their aggression against spinners need to be reduced in all formats of the game.

(B) Edge physics. They've got it all wrong, IMO. In real life, 85% of edges from attacking shots carry to the slip/keeper, whereas in game, it's just the reverse!

(C) AI defaulting to Back-foot strokes even when the ball pitched on almost yorker length.

(D)Run-out bug. Heck, I can even live, without AI getting run out at all!

Last edited:
All I want to be fixed are: (A) Over aggression by AI. Specifically for Test matches and to some extent, for ODI matches. Also, their aggression against spinners need to be reduced in all formats of the game.

(B) Edge physics. They've got it all wrong, IMO. In real life, 85% of edges from attacking shots carry to the slip/keeper, whereas in game, it's just the reverse!

(C) AI defaulting to Back-foot strokes even when the ball pitched on almost yorker length.

(D)Run-out bug. Heck, I can even live, without AI getting run out at all!

(b) ya currently it looks like there is any carry for edges except odd times it goes to the slip

In relation (C) it was one of the weirdest thing i have seen in cricket ie the more you bowl the fuller the more it bounces high and goes over the wicket. No wonder the AI just whacks it using back foot. when it should be other way round as more fuller you bowl the more you play of the front foot. :(

We need to have more varied dismissals as well

The good length area(yellow) should be spread around short of length area as well so that we could use the bouncer to good effect rather than concentrate just outside off. Not all bowlers are Mcgrath here to keep persisting outside off.. which is any way monotomous.. as said by few people.

Last edited:
I love the game, its one of the best cricket games I've played, although I have not played online yet so I can't comment on that.
The things I would most like to see fixed in a patch are:
1. AI bowling strategies, in the test matches I've been playing I tend to get complete overs of short pitched, full-length, or yorkers rather than mixing short with yorkers, etc, its a little repetitive and predictable (making it easier to play)

2. On a number of occasions both AI batsmen have run to the same end where I have thrown to the other, unfortunately the game does not allow me to throw to the other end and get the run out.

3. With overthrows I have experienced a phenomenon where the ball appears to fly past the stumps and then stop in mid-air rather than continue on its true trajectory

4. Edges not carrying to slips - this has been covered

5. Being able to use deteriorating aspects of the wicket - e.g., getting a little more deviation if you land the ball on a crack, or a little extra spin and/or bounce for spinners landing the ball in the rough made by bowlers' follow throughs (maybe this is something for future games).

6. The ability to employ reverse swing sooner - in the games I've played I have not come anywhere near getting the ball to a condition suitable for reverse swing, the innings finish too quick.

7. Perhaps some indication of ball condition to determine when it becomes suitable for bringing on the spinners - maybe at the end of each over there could be something indicating the condition of the ball, how well it is swinging, moving off the seam, etc.?

8. Some ability to control stumping chances, just a simple button press - the AI reacts a little slow sometimes if you could force the stumping chance at least it would feel like you have some input over what happens rather than just hoping the AI gets it right

9. The ability to appeal for LBW or catches edged to slips or the keeper. I have the PS3 version and there are at least a few buttons not employed for anything that could fill this role (and for stumpings).

10. Running - I don't mean the AI problems (although having these fixed would be good), but when you queue runs I feel the batsmen should run more flowingly (ie., turn more quickly when they get to the other end), they tend to stop and pause before going for the next run, which has caused me to get run out a few times. It appears that one sometimes waits for the other to make it to their end, but when they both get there at the same time they still turn slowly - I don't recall having this problem in a cricket game before.

11. This might be asking too much, but more cricket grounds would also be good!

12. Licensed teams for the other test-playing nations, and perhaps the world cup and T20 world cup series.

13. Tour modes similar to EAs cricket 2007

That's it for now, but I would like to stress that none of these issues has reduced my enjoyment of the game at all, I was quite surprised at how good it really is. I just think addressing the issues raised in this topic would give the game a good polish.

That's all for now

Good list. You should definitely try online. It's great fun although they need to somehow give the option of saving a game and chatting. Interent lag is sometimes a pain but I have had enormous fun with this game online.:)

Adding this to the front page:

Wear and tear doesn't appear to make it onto saved games - when you reload, the pitch is day one condition again. Since there's a good chance that means the gameplay effect, as well as the graphical effect won't happen, it needs attention. Shouldn't be hard to fix?

is this patch actually coming? There has been no official word about it and the game has already sold the majority of the copies it will sell. They might just take the money and run on this one

i havent read anything official regarding a patch
i suspect most of this thread is mere speculation

I think it's because if you allowed them to field anywhere more bugs would creep up. If you put them in a position and when the ball comes the throw it back there can't be as many bugs. It is only logical.

I'm not asking for the capacity to put them anywhere on the field - just to be able to use the mouse to navigate the interface.

Bugs are not a good reason for not allowing more customisable fielding positions, to me that's pretty lazy programming - plenty of other cricket games have allowed for more precise fielding positions - BL/RPC07 for one.

is this patch actually coming? There has been no official word about it and the game has already sold the majority of the copies it will sell. They might just take the money and run on this one

We're not going to change our stance from being quietly confident about a patch.

I haven't read this anywhere else, but I'm finding the bowling a touch unforgiving with regard to no-balls. It could just be my crappy reflexes, but I think another dark green section after the light green and before the red zone would make for a slightly more realistic experience - the margin for error is just too great.

Users who are viewing this thread