Which mobile phone do you use?

My contract with T-mobile for the original Galaxy S ends in October(I think) and I have no clue as to what I'm gonna do when it actually ends. Kinda want the iPhone 5, but I don't think T-mobile's getting it and I doubt my parents will switch carriers just for me, shame really, will probably be forced to the Galaxy S III in the end, nothing to whine about though, it's a damn good phone as well.

You've never used an iPhone before? If so, you might be tempted to get it because of the Apple hype. Once you start using it, you will be tempted to move out pretty soon (like me). Android is more fun to use, with loads of features/customization. And the SIII is getting rave reviews everywhere I hear about it. Just get it, and probably you will be the next guy raving about it.

You've never used an iPhone before? If so, you might be tempted to get it because of the Apple hype. Once you start using it, you will be tempted to move out pretty soon (like me). Android is more fun to use, with loads of features/customization. And the SIII is getting rave reviews everywhere I hear about it. Just get it, and probably you will be the next guy raving about it.

Nope. But yeah, it's definitely the hype, I don't even know enough about the phone and I was wanting it. Been watching quite a bit of comparison videos on the Galaxy S III and I have to say, very impressed, saw one on the new Google Voice and Siri and it was a total blow out, in Google Voice's favor ofc. ;)

----------

Here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google Voice (Google Now) is far better than Siri. I've been using it and it's pretty awesome.

The sad part for S3 is that Google Voice works only on JB, and S3 hasn't OFFICIALLY got JB yet. Samsung says that it will be released in October, but then everyone knows how lousy Samsung is on providing updates.
Currently for ICS on S3 you can use Samsung's S Voice but it absolutely sucks IMO.

I am waiting for Samsung to roll out the Jelly Bean update to the Samsung Galaxy SIII. Looks like my mom is not going to use her upgrade on her phone (she is old fashioned and wants a flip phone and I am zeroing in on the Nokia Mural 6750 for her for $70 on Amazon:D). So once Jelly Bean is rolled out to the SIII, I might get the Galaxy SIII by the end of this year, trading-in my iPhone 4S.

----------

Google Voice (Google Now) is far better than Siri. I've been using it and it's pretty awesome.

The sad part for S3 is that Google Voice works only on JB, and S3 hasn't OFFICIALLY got JB yet. Samsung says that it will be released in October, but then everyone knows how lousy Samsung is on providing updates.
Currently for ICS on S3 you can use Samsung's S Voice but it absolutely sucks IMO.

Yep. According to the above video posted by Epic and a few other videos, Google Voice has a good lead over Siri. We got to see how Siri performs with the iOS 6 update, but I don't expect major improvements (just that it will now open apps). The thing with Google Voice is that its a Google product and so it has tighter and better integration with Google's search engine and therefore returns search results faster (for example, the "height of Micheal Jordan" question asked to Google Voice versus Siri; G Voice returned the search result faster and within its app whereas Siri had to take people to Google search in a web browser). Probably Apple might launch their own search engine in the future to counter this.

So sadly, Android devices are not supported by flash anymore. So no live cricket on my mobile device. :noway

So sadly, Android devices are not supported by flash anymore. So no live cricket on my mobile device. :noway

Flash is going out pretty soon. Don't worry! It will probably be replaced by HTML5.

For live cricket, since I subscribe to Willow.tv here in North America, it works perfectly on my iOS device even though Apple never supports Flash (Willow doesn't use flash and it probably uses HTML5). Other flash website users will also soon take the lead and get rid of Flash sooner than later. If no mobile device will support Flash, websites will sooner get rid of it. YouTube has their mobile site optimized for non-flash supporting devices.

Back on topic - anyone laid their hands on the new iPhone 5 that's on a record breaking spree? How's it? According to a latest video, the iPhone 5 beats Samsung SIII comfortably in the drop tests that were performed (check video below):

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad is upgrading to the iphone 5 next week, so will have a decent review, but very expensive. The cheapiest contract that we can find is ?51 a month (Handset free). Really hope it is worth the money, I haven't used a 4s so can't really compare it to that.

My dad is upgrading to the iphone 5 next week, so will have a decent review, but very expensive. The cheapiest contract that we can find is ?51 a month (Handset free). Really hope it is worth the money, I haven't used a 4s so can't really compare it to that.

With the handset being free, that's the same deal as you get here in US. Here in US, you pay $60 for a family plan and get one single iPhone 5 for $199

But still I could see live matches on my Android mobile. :rolleyes

I have htc Explorer.

With the handset being free, that's the same deal as you get here in US. Here in US, you pay $60 for a family plan and get one single iPhone 5 for $199

I expected US to be cheaper, because that is where the iphone is made in everything (I know it is assembled in China).

When you say "get one single iPhone 5 for $199" Do you mean you can buy an iphone for that much, because it has to be atleast ?600 here.

I expected US to be cheaper, because that is where the iphone is made in everything (I know it is assembled in China).

When you say "get one single iPhone 5 for $199" Do you mean you can buy an iphone for that much, because it has to be atleast ?600 here.

Its $199 if you sign up for a 2 year contract with the wireless service provider. The ?600 phone is a no-contract phone (you can choose your service provider and change from one to another anytime). For example here in the US, AT&T gives iPhone 5 for $199 but you have to sign up for a 2 year contract with them (with their lowest service at $60/month). They basically tie you up to their service plan for 2 years and that's how they fund the remaining cost of the iPhone to Apple.

There is nothing "mobile" about a smartphone. It is using dumb battery technology and its more plugged into a charger giving you the idea you are sitting with a landline and not a mobile phone

There is nothing "mobile" about a smartphone. It is using dumb battery technology and its more plugged into a charger giving you the idea you are sitting with a landline and not a mobile phone

Smartphones' battery lives have been increasing in the past few years. And with the advent of mobile chargers, you can still keep the smartphone away from the charging outlet for close to 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread