Which platform will you buy Big Ant Studios Cricket game for?

Which platform will you buy Big Ant Studios Cricket game for?

• PS3

Votes: 81 37.3%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 33 15.2%
  • PC

Votes: 125 57.6%

• Total voters
Most, if not all, console games are actually developed on PC and ported to the consoles so typically there is always a PC version developed for every game.

Most, if not all, console games are actually developed on PC and ported to the consoles so typically there is always a PC version developed for every game.

Then why are publishers against releasing a PC version? If it's already made I don't understand how that could harm sales, only raise them. If you get it on a popular platform like Steam you will get a lot of sales.

Last edited:
Well ignoring piracy and the typically low sales of PC games outside certain genres - the PC has a massive support cost, because everyone has a different system configuration - so there's far more bug testing and support training needed to be on the PC. Millions of different combinations of OS, CPU, Graphics, etc - all need to be considered

Combined with that, PC games traditionally sell at a lower price point (AC13 is half the price on PC compared to the consoles on Amazon, and $20 less at EB Games here) - so that for the increased support costs you get lower revenue (it's not 1:1, you don't have to pay the platform fees to be on PC, but that alone doesn't make up the price differential expected by the market).

Consoles have the benefit of being all the same (so lower support/testing costs) and they have a higher expected price point in the market - a premium to save the hassle of PC gaming and perhaps to some extent a built in hedge against the second hand market.

More 'sales' doesn't make PC editions profitable. Unless the first person buying the game on PC pays a million dollars for it, then it's a cost benefit issue.

Well ignoring piracy and the typically low sales of PC games outside certain genres - the PC has a massive support cost, because everyone has a different system configuration - so there's far more bug testing and support training needed to be on the PC. Millions of different combinations of OS, CPU, Graphics, etc - all need to be considered

Combined with that, PC games traditionally sell at a lower price point (AC13 is half the price on PC compared to the consoles on Amazon, and $20 less at EB Games here) - so that for the increased support costs you get lower revenue (it's not 1:1, you don't have to pay the platform fees to be on PC, but that alone doesn't make up the price differential expected by the market).

Consoles have the benefit of being all the same (so lower support/testing costs) and they have a higher expected price point in the market - a premium to save the hassle of PC gaming and perhaps to some extent a built in hedge against the second hand market.

More 'sales' doesn't make PC editions profitable. Unless the first person buying the game on PC pays a million dollars for it, then it's a cost benefit issue.

Valid points, but it seems most would release on PC if it was purely up to them... hence this game. They wanted to release Rugby League Live 2 on PC and I thought it was coming but then didn't eventuate.

Valid points, but it seems most would release on PC if it was purely up to them... hence this game. They wanted to release Rugby League Live 2 on PC and I thought it was coming but then didn't eventuate.

I thought RLL2 was coming to PC too...

You forgot the chair, six tubes of Cheese and Chives Pringles, three bottles of your coldest and finest within hand reach and a sick note from work.....

As soon as I know the release date, the sick note will be the first thing :p

As soon as I know the release date, the sick note will be the first thing :p

:clap:clap:D
Ok what if both games get released on the 21st of june?
Which game would you play first and why, saying you got both games on the same day.

:clap:clap:D
Ok what if both games get released on the 21st of june?
Which game would you play first and why, saying you got both games on the same day.

Either way first buy will be Bigant cricket game, will be a while before I get Ashes, Will wait for reviews from pc and other places then decide wether to purchase it or not.

Either way first buy will be Bigant cricket game, will be a while before I get Ashes, Will wait for reviews from pc and other places then decide wether to purchase it or not.

No faith in ashes 2013 then ?
Let's say that bigant is a better game by a large margin, what do you want to happen to ashes 2013 ?
Do you and others think there is room for 2 cricket games with a small amount of money made against say fifa, i guess we wil know by the end of the year anyway.:spy

No faith in ashes 2013 then ?
Let's say that bigant is a better game by a large margin, what do you want to happen to ashes 2013 ?
Do you and others think there is room for 2 cricket games with a small amount of money made against say fifa, i guess we wil know by the end of the year anyway.:spy

We surely will know by end of year. I am not hyping up BigAnt cricket, but the only reason why I am upbeat is I mentioned somewhere that I have played RLL2 and I am still enjoying thoroughly.

As per ashes, you can only get what developers wants to give, I don't see any scope as there is no longevity in that game. Only ashes does not justify the game, and without a career mode and specially missing basic elements has put me off with that game. I will only purchase ashes after reading positive stuff after 2 months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread