Who is the best ever Pakistani batsman?

Best ever Pakistani Batsman?

• Total voters
I have heard Zaheer Abbas is a very destructive batsman. I voted for him.

Miandad is good, but Abbas sounds greater to me!!! I havent had the golden opportunity to watch these two gentlemen play (i watched the 1996 World Cup quarter final but not much of Pakistani batting when Miandad batted!)

I go with saeed anwar second choice miandad,saeed anwar is just one class of a player,He just touches the ball and races away for four,now you got to be the worlds greatest batsman in order to make the worlds highest score in odi,and saeed anwar has done that,knowing that he has the the highest score in odi,you should count him as a good class batsman,He is the best one of my fav pakistani batsman as usual.

Every Player is great but If 1 of them could be here right now in the team I would say Zaheer Abbas for captain Hanif Mohommad

never really liked this guy but he has a respectable record outside Pakistan, so I'll go with Miandad.

Saeed Anwar for me. I remember the 194 he once struck against India and also the WC century.

He is a good batsman. But at that time when I watched his 194, I was boiled so much in anger at India giving him that much runs that I didnt enjoy his innings that much.

It was a bad day for me as I expected India to win.

Afridi is currently my favorite Pakistani Player.
But I don't conceder him as the best.
He scores quickly and also tends to get out early by giving a catch or getting stumped. Yes, and he is inconsistent.

When the team need quick runs he can be handy. But he is not solid like Miandad.

I've never really seen Saeed Anwar play. He stopped playing (was it injury?) in just the period that my cricketing interest really took off. When I saw him play the last match (he played one against India, right?) he didn't really look in great form. But he still had the great touch.

sohummisra said:
I've never really seen Saeed Anwar play. He stopped playing (was it injury?) in just the period that my cricketing interest really took off. When I saw him play the last match (he played one against India, right?) he didn't really look in great form. But he still had the great touch.

watch the innings of 194 against india. it really changes perspecives on him.

i think that saeed anwar and shahid afridi were also pakistans best odi openers in a while too. no mention of ijaz ahmed here, he was a fine first drop batsmen...

Users who are viewing this thread