Who is the best ever Pakistani batsman?

Best ever Pakistani Batsman?

• Total voters
Saqlain Khan said:
no mention of ijaz ahmed here, he was a fine first drop batsmen...
I had thought of putting The Axeman's name as well, but I just don't think he ever acheived the status of a great Pakistani batter that the others on the list acheived.

Saeed Anwar stoped playing because her Daughter passed away. I saw her daughter and i saw him in the summer when pakistan werent playing he was travling with his family on a vacation!

Pak_cricketer said:
Saeed Anwar stoped playing because her Daughter passed away. I saw her daughter and i saw him in the summer when pakistan werent playing he was travling with his family on a vacation!
I dont think he stopped playing because of that... he certainly became ultra-religious, grew a beard and stuff after that tragedy, but he did go on playing for a while after that.

shahid6995 said:
I dont think he stopped playing because of that... he certainly became ultra-religious, grew a beard and stuff after that tragedy, but he did go on playing for a while after that.

He grew beared after his daughter died,that is the reason why he became sucha religious fanatic,Also he had some problems with his growing.

shahid watch his innings againts india in kolkata,He smashed india all over the ground hitting sunil joshe for two conscutive sixes in one over and killed anil kumble with his blastering stroke play.

saeed anwar remains one of the best pakistani batsman pakistan had every produced,he is also a great guy,I love the guy,He has a big heart.

fardin said:
He grew beared after his daughter died,that is the reason why he became sucha religious fanatic,Also he had some problems with his growing.

shahid watch his innings againts india in kolkata,He smashed india all over the ground hitting sunil joshe for two conscutive sixes in one over and killed anil kumble with his blastering stroke play.

saeed anwar remains one of the best pakistani batsman pakistan had every produced,he is also a great guy,I love the guy,He has a big heart.

He has been India's nemesis for a long time and whenever he plays India, he seems to get a big knock from somewhere!!

I liked his innings in the Tri Nation Cup in Singapore (immediately after the 1996 World Cup!) in the first match against India. Sachin scored an exact 100 but Sohail and Anwar took Pakistan through to the target easily. Anwar played very well that innings. He was the only one out in that innings.

I had already voted without posting any message but just wanted to say that although Saeed Anwar was one of the best and a joy to watch when he was on song, I still think Miandad was the best Pakistan ever had, and its backed up by the stats too. There was just some aura of reassurance around Miandad, and he didnt let us down too often. At the moment, I would place Inzi in second position after Miandad.

I like Saeed Anwar as batsman too he was simple great to watch
but I pick Inzi because he has played much better cricket under pressure

It has to be Miandad, his technique was so brilliant and was ultra consistent, one of the best batsmen in cricketing history.

But Saeed Anwar also deserves a mention, that guy in full flow in his prime was a sight to watch, elegant cover drives which rocket off the bat with the merest of touches.Pakistan have missed him dearly.

what happened to imran khan, wasim akram, waqar younis, imran farhat, etc.

o sorry I thought it was player, then take out waqar

but if i had to pick one it would be anwar

cricketexpert said:
what happened to imran khan, wasim akram, waqar younis, imran farhat, etc.

o sorry I thought it was player, then take out waqar

but if i had to pick one it would be anwar

I wouldnt just Take out only waqar,I would take all of them out of that strange list of yours cricketexpert,Non of them above deserve to be mentioned in a catagory of best pakistani batsman.

lol, imran farhat one of the best pakistani batsmen..? you are joking yeah? wasim akram? hahaha funny post mate.. :D

by saleem malik thats not the convicted match-fixer is it? im pretty sure it wouldnt be but i just wanted to check

MWaugh said:
by saleem malik thats not the convicted match-fixer is it? im pretty sure it wouldnt be but i just wanted to check

Or was it Mark Waugh the other match fixer? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread