Who was your first cricket icon?

My first icon was Sachin and Matthew Hayden (cause when I started understanding cricket he was in top form)

Gotta agree with the guys who mentioned Deano. Cracked 145 v England in 1990 at the Gabba and I was hooked. Mark Waugh was also a great influence. For pace bowling was Craig McDermott and Merv Hughes (I loved imitating their actions in the backyard) and of course Warney.

International guys I liked were Imran Khan and Malcolm Marshall. And Goochie.

Sachin Tendulkar. My 2nd decent bat had his sticker on it.

Yep. I remeber watching cricket during the summer from when I was about four and the only team I would watch was Australia apparently. Adam Gilchrist was by far and away my favourite player but I also liked Mark Waugh quite a lot.

Lance Klusener and Shoaib Akhtar during his first Australia tour.

khalek added 2 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Yep. I remeber watching cricket during the summer from when I was about four and the only team I would watch was Australia apparently. Adam Gilchrist was by far and away my favourite player but I also liked Mark Waugh quite a lot.

Just watched Mark Waugh's ODI innings of 173 against WI @ MCG yesterday, it was just so awesome. After watching it, I would easily rate it as one of the top 10 innings in ODIs.

My Icons were Sachin, Lara and Gilchrist. The first cricket match I watched was when WI was playing with some other team and I love lara batting there even though I didn't know all cricket rules.

Shane Warne. Remember watching him in the Ashes in 2005 and thinking 'I wanna spin the ball like that too'. At that time I was fascinated at how someone could turn a ball of a surface in such a manner.

Users who are viewing this thread