World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Hopefully Australia :)

England and India have a great chance though.

Australia won't be the force they are now.

England look pretty good as an ODI team.

Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Pakistan and India have a lot of young players coming up and are improving.

Same goes to Zimbabwe, although they won't be to much of a force they still will be better.

New Zealand are a pretty good ODI side, and West Indies will have a nice mix of youth and experience, and lots of allround ability.

The minnows are also pretty good this time around.

It could be anyone's game.

I think india has a good chance of winning as india has got a good team , with lots of telant and plenty of expeirence, and after world cup 2007 thier still more youngsters to come.

India Final 15 most likely for 2007 cwc , but players may come and go

Player / age

Sehwag / 26
Tendulkar /32
Gangully ( c)/ 33
Dhoni ( w/k)/ 24
Dravid /33
Y singh/ 23
Kaif /24
Pathan /19
Z khan/ 26
H singh /25
Nhera/ 26
Kumble / 34
Riana / 21
Laxman / 30
Balaji / 23
__________________________________ After wc 2007
Pathan
Balaji
Nhera
Z khan
H singh
M kartic
Kartic (w/k)
Dhoni (w/k)
Kaif
Sehwag ( c)
Y singh
Jai p Yadav
Roa
Riana
Uttphata
Jadav
G singh
Parab
R sodhi
Nk patel
Banger
Mishara
Bharadwaji
Mohanty
Badani
Bhandari
Paranjpe

Thier still will be talanted youngsters after the indian greats retire.

Last edited:
India has no chance imo. Even if they play well during the entire tournament, we very well know whats going to happen in the final.

Like I said earlier - Australia, England or New Zealand. Pakistan in with a shout. And Scotland are the 8th best team in the world today imo.

Thats now mate , the world cups in 2007. A lot of things can change by 2007 .
Look at england they lost all thier 3 world cup finals they have appeared in , vs wi , aus and pak IMO. At least Indias won 1 world cup . They even lost the icc chapmions 2004. I know india have lost many tournment finals , but with gangully back as cpatian and greg chappel as coach india will soon start winning finals. Like I siad this is now and the world cup is about 18 months away , a lot of things can happen and change.

Now Aus probably won't be the same team in 2007.

Just do me a favour. Follow the careers of Phil Jaques, Dominic Thornley, David Hussey, Adam Voges, Cameron White, Nathan Bracken, Shaun Tait and Dan Cullen. I reckon it's a safe bet that at least 4 of these guys will find regular spots in the team.

England have a chance aslong as Flintoff is in form and fit. As we saw in South Africa, we are a very average ODI side without him, due to the lack of bowling options.

My pic is whoever gets to the semi-finals of the 2006 icc hampions throph will have a great chance of winning the world cup in 2007. ( I hope its India )

Australia will still have Ponting(30 now) and Gilchrist(33 now). McGrath and Warne will be gone although Warne doesnt play ODIs now. So Australia will be as strong as they are now. Gillespie is out of form now and will regain it. India will hopefully win with Sachin getting another MVP award. Or maybe West Indies(improbable). I hope I get to Kensington to watch the final. The finals are coming to Barbados!
Probable finals =
India vs Australia or
India vs England or
England vs Australia or
Sri Lanka vs India or
Sri Lanka vs Australia
Sri Lanka vs England
South Africa vs Australia
We'll see.

Last edited:
Too early to predict. Aussies are getting to old so its doubtful that they'll win. I hope its Pakistan. They do have talent.

Yeah Pakistans got a good chance of winning the world cup in 2007 , they have got a nice blend in thier team with talented youngsters playing . They can be a lethal side at thier best , but inconsistancy do huant them. ( I hope Its India)

Westindies will win cuz by time 2007......... they will have a good team...not like the one they hav now

fast_bowler said:
who cares, its not like any of the other teams will win anyway.

Kenya have a much better chance than Zimbabwe do of winning. I feel England will be really strong, you can never rule out Australia or India, maybe South Africa but Pollock is key to their success.

I reckon you could possibly rule out India winning it if it were held tomorrow, but as Greg Chappell's evil master plan is put into effect, they will become stronger as a team.

Users who are viewing this thread