World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
If england can continue the way they are playing now , then they surley can win the world cup in 2007.

but thats 2 years away. i think you have to look at the youth ranks and i think rod marsh being there in england will give them an advantage as they will have some good young players developing but i think australia still have some unbelievable depth and alot of their players will still be there.

one player they need back in the team is darren lehman. in the 1999 final he hit the winnings runs with a cut shot (with mark waugh at the other end) and in 2003 he took the final catch of the match. this man is without doubt the key. thats why he retired, hes just resting up until 2007. that would be a great 50th birthday present for him aswell :p

Australia have got a good chance of completing a hat-trick of world cups in 2007 , depending on how well thier key players perform . I'v got good feelings that might come to Australia and Pakistan in world cup 2007.

Indiangod said:
If england can continue the way they are playing now , then they surley can win the world cup in 2007.
If England continue playing the way they are now in ODI cricket, we have no chance of winning the 2007 World Cup.

Yes, our one day form hasnt been very impressive. Apart from the ICC Champions Trophy, where we reached the final, and this summer's performances beating the Aussies twice, we havent done well. But that had lots to do with Andrew Flintoff missing out on the SA ODIs, and Steve Harmison completely out of form there. Also SA arent a bad ODI team either, their record at home (apart from the world cup) is awesome.

If flintoff can play like he did agasint india in 2004 in the natwest challange , piterson can play like he did in south africa , and harminson can put his test succesin odis , than englands got a chance , I think englands lost more games then they would have liked to win.It depends on how thier key players perform.

i cnt see day aussies losin the worl cup in 2007. most of their players will still be there. Martyn, Ponting, Gilly, Lee, Symonds, Clarke. and they got planty of talent cumin thru in Tait, Cullen, White and da Husseys (even tho they arent exactly young)

Indiangod said:
If flintoff can play like he did agasint india in 2004 in the natwest challange , piterson can play like he did in south africa , and harminson can put his test succesin odis , than englands got a chance , I think englands lost more games then they would have liked to win.It depends on how thier key players perform.
You keep mentioning this Harminson. Who is he?

rashaba16 said:
West Indies will win? :eek: With a GOOD team?? :eek: **** poor bowling attack now and in 2007. Below par batting except Lara. And lara will be 37 going 38 in a month or so after the world cup. So hmmm. West Indies shall surely win :rolleyes:
Yes, they can win. Look at all this young talent:

Dwayne Smith
Dwayne Bravo
Xavier Marshall
Darren Powell
Ian Bradshaw
I.Butler
Omari Banks(although he is kinda old)
R.Morton
Tino Best

And with Gayle, Sarwan, and maybe Lara/Chanderpaul, it will be a killer team. Good chance, but maybe no further than the Top 8.

If India drop Kumble, Laxman, Ganguly ( if he doesnt regain his princely touch that is), Sehwag ( if he doesnt stop obsessing about his strike rate), and replace them with JP Yadav, Venugopal Rao, Amit Mishra ( or any spinner who can actually turn the ball), India have a chance. Its not sure fire by any means though

Are you mad? , ganguly is a good captain , and fully backs all the players , sehwags a good aggreaser , even if he hits a quick 20 or 30 is good enough for me.

World Cup 2007

Who Will Win ? Thats not a question Question is that How easily then can din ? Cuz it is Australia I like Australian team and i will always cheer for them so Go Aussies Go and if players r old then many of the new players r also coming.

ZoraxDoom said:
Yes, they can win. Look at all this young talent:

Dwayne Smith
Dwayne Bravo
Xavier Marshall
Darren Powell
Ian Bradshaw
I.Butler
Omari Banks(although he is kinda old)
R.Morton
Tino Best

And with Gayle, Sarwan, and maybe Lara/Chanderpaul, it will be a killer team. Good chance, but maybe no further than the Top 8.

Bradshaw is about 29, WIndies will have to progress a heck of a lot.

Well ....Its not only australia. Its every other country in the world who are cheering for thier own countries and have got way more better new players coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread