World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Indiangod said:
and harminson can put his test succesin odis , than englands got a chance

the world cup is in the west indies so as soon as the games arent in england harmison is rubbed out because he will get homesick

I think this is very possible. WI practically handed their asses to him to give him seven-fer.

Based on performances right now england and sri lanka have a very good chance of winning the world cup, but as I said its still 18 months away, and anyteam and anylayer can go in and out of form , and things can change .

My heart says India, but my mind tells me its going to be australia agian.

Last edited:
hassan17 said:
i think pakistan is gonna win they got some pretty young players that will mature and get alot of experience till 2007

Pakistan is an unpredictable team. A team which on its worst day can even lose to USA! To go through a WC you need consistency, and Pakistan has always been the one without any consistency for years. These words are coming from a Pakistani. Pakistan would need something special if they could even reach the 2nd stage.

As for comparing Sehwag and Afridi, the one who says Afridi is better has no sense whatsoever. Sehwag has a triple-hundred to his name, whilst Afridi has only 2 centuries.

England need to improve in ODIs in order to win the World Cup.

UsmanCHADDA said:
As for comparing Sehwag and Afridi, the one who says Afridi is better has no sense whatsoever. Sehwag has a triple-hundred to his name, whilst Afridi has only 2 centuries.

I must admit that early on in his career I didn't rate Sehwag as a world beater, but I've been well and truly convinced. He performance over the past few years has been nothing short of sustained brilliance. His ability to put incredible scoreboard pressure on opponents as an opening bat in the Test match arena is peerless.

When did Zimbabawe lose to USA ?
if so it might have been the rebel less team of theirs.

My heart says it sgoing to be india...
i dont think the aussies would win it though they'll go to all extents to win a third.
A tough fight is expected.

MWaugh said:
the world cup is in the west indies so as soon as the games arent in england harmison is rubbed out because he will get homesick
He just had one bad tour of South Africa due to home-sickness.
He was on fire during England's tour of West Indies in 2004. Made the likes of Lara, Sarwan, Gayle and Chanderpaul look pretty ordinary.

I have a good feeling that the aussies might take the world cup for the thrid consecative time .

People thought the Aussies had no chance of winning the world cup back in 2003, when S Waugh, M Waugh, Warne and Gillespie was out of team and also Watson, then out of nowhere Symonds and bBchal just came and played brilliant they won all thier games in the last world cup but thier was 2 or 3 close games as well.

Last edited:
Indiangod said:
People thought the aussies had no chance of winning the world cup back in 2003 , when s wuagh , m wuagh , warne and gileespie out of team
Even worse when S Waugh, M Waugh and Gillespie were out of the team too.

andrew_nixon said:
ICC Champions Trophy warm up last year. Was without the rebels, but even with the rebels Ireland beat them by 10 wickets in 2003.

I hope fardin reads this because he is the only one in this forum who thinks Zim will win the WC 2007 in 18 months time !

Come on. I am sure if Australia can lose to Somerset, India to Kwa-Zulu Natal, and England to Wales, the Zimbabweans can be spared a defeat at the hands of Ireland.

Mind you Ireland were finalists in this year's ICC Trophy.

MWaugh said:

Your funny.

harmison did well in the WIndies, it was in South africa were he got homesick.

Users who are viewing this thread