World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Indiangod said:
lol....... well my heart says India

I WANT INDIA TO WIN

See, thats the third country you're predicting to win!

Keep it up! Its gr8 to see you supporting every country!

I think India will win, while England, New Zealand and teams like them have a chance. Australia will have a chance, but if the Ashes are anything to go by, it will be much harder and it will be a very open WC instead of Austalia running away with it.

I think Pakistan, Sri Lanka or maybe India have a very good chance of wining the World Cup 2007 because the World Cup 2007 is in West Indies and the pitches there are similar to the pitches are in India and Pakistan, which means spinners will enjoy the most bowling on those kind of pitches. We all know how good these Sri Lankan spinners are on these kind of pitches. I don't think England, New Zealand and South Africa can bat well on those pitches against the spinners. That's all what Kapil Dev said. Anyway, But I want INDIA to WIN!!!

West Indian wickets favoring spinners? I dont think they would be like the dustbowls of India or Sri Lanka. I thought West Indian wickets carry more bounce & pace than spin!

Anyways, for the success of the World Cup, the wickets are surely gonna be batsman friendly. So the team with very good batsman and more importantly batsmen who can play well under pressure will come out triumphs!

ZoraxDoom said:
Yes, they can win. Look at all this young talent:

Dwayne Smith
Dwayne Bravo
Xavier Marshall
Darren Powell
Ian Bradshaw
I.Butler
Omari Banks(although he is kinda old)
R.Morton
Tino Best

And with Gayle, Sarwan, and maybe Lara/Chanderpaul, it will be a killer team. Good chance, but maybe no further than the Top 8.
Bradshaw is 29 going 30, Deighton Butler is crap...he just got onto the team because of the contract dispute...and he is 31 I believe. Dwayne Smith can bat but he has no common sense. Bravo is good. Powell not up to world standard. Banks(not kinda old), still not there. Morton is alright and Best is crap.

fardin said:
I live in Zimbabwe :eek:

my house was burned down by Mugabe :eek:
Fardin, you may have noticed that most of us do engage in serious debates about topics. If you don't have the intelligence to do the same, go and join a forum for the under 12s.

andrew_nixon said:
Fardin, you may have noticed that most of us do engage in serious debates about topics. If you don't have the intelligence to do the same, go and join a forum for the under 12s.
agreed.

on that matter, fardin sig and avatar change now

Bangaldesh even has a chance, I'm being seriou , if they beat the likes of India and the Aussies then why not. They have a good young side and they will get more expierenced till the world cup arrives.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread