World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
My top three.
New Zealand - Shaping as a great ODI side if they can stay fit. Have quality all rounders (Oram, Vettori, McCullum, Styris) and are pretty good in the field. Probably need a quality new ball bowler to go along side Bond.

England - Even though they have been decidedly average in the one day game over the past year there is enough talent in the squad to suggest they will pull it together by 2007 to be one of the best teams going around. Importantly they have enough bowling depth to cover for Steve Harmison (if he plays) who will assumingly spend the majority of the tour on the ground in the foetal position.

Australia - Will probably enjoy people writing them off for various reasons. I have them ranked at #3 because (depending on form of current players) they may be going through a transition phase. However 2007 may be the final big stage for alot of senior player, so I think everyone will be up for it. It would be astonishing to be able to win 3 world cups in a row.

I agree sando..i think these will be the teams to watch. New Zealand are becoming a very useful team. England alttho not as good in one-day cricket have some useful players, and australia are always favourites!

its cricket n e thing can happen well i hope the final should be inda vs pakistan and im sure it would be a hell of a game im sure it won't b one sided till the last ball

zimbabwe will win the word cup

zimbabwe will beat Australia

zimbabwe will thrash England

zimbabwe will kill India

Zimbabwe will destroye pakistan

zimbabwe will win the world cup then.

kelvinismyname said:
Westindies will win cuz by time 2007......... they will have a good team...not like the one they hav now
West Indies will win? :eek: With a GOOD team?? :eek: **** poor bowling attack now and in 2007. Below par batting except Lara. And lara will be 37 going 38 in a month or so after the world cup. So hmmm. West Indies shall surely win :rolleyes:

most of the current australian side has indicated that they want to play on until the 2007 world cup. ponting will still be there and mcgrath i think will probably play on. if warne is still playing i wouldnt rule him out returning just before the world cup. you will probably find that a huge chunk of the australian team will end their careers after the world cup so i would think that the majority of the team that is there now will probably still be there. the pressure will probably be on players like martyn and hayden who havent performed as well in the ODI as they have to keep their place from players like the hussey brothers, thornly, jacques and cameron white.

australia to win i feel

EDIT: ZIMBABWE ( TOO ENIXPIERENCED TO WIN A WORLD CUP )
Is enixperienced a word? if so what does it mean?

Last edited:
stop that crap waugh

everybody has now copying andrew nixon making spelling corrections are bs

Not every body in here is from an english speaking country.

**** off fardin. im able to ask a question and i only pointed out a typing error. its not the end of the world

fast_bowler said:
australia will probably still win. its true that most of the current players in the australian 11 are quite old but that doesnt matter coz we have HEAPS of GOOD talent coming through. Here is the one day squad for australia that i predickt will be going 2 the carribean.
1. Nathan Bracken
2. Micheal Clarke
3. Dan Cullen
4. Brad Haddin
5. Brad Hodge
6. Brad Hogg
7. James Hopes
8. Mike Hussey (maybe)
9. Simon Katich
10. Brett Lee
11. Micheal Lewis
12. Andrew Symmonds
13. Shaun Tait
14. Shane Watson
15. Cameron White
and all the domestic batters but i cant think of their names.
Australia will still dominate!!!!
:cheers
Why is there a maybe beside Hussey? I think he has shown what he can do. No Ponting, Gilly and McGrath. They have all said they will be around to then.

fardin said:
stop that crap waugh

everybody has now copying andrew nixon making spelling corrections are bs

Not every body in here is from an english speaking country.
dude get over your zimbabwe fetish, they are shocking they have NO chance of winning a WC EVER, dude they had a few good players the government stuffed they chance of maybe posibly winning ONE MATCH if theyre lucky a SERIES agaisnt a good team. SHUT UP noone likes zimbabwe besides you stop posting some zimbabwe stuff everywhere!!! :mad :getyou :brickwall

MWaugh said:
most of the current australian side has indicated that they want to play on until the 2007 world cup. ponting will still be there and mcgrath i think will probably play on. if warne is still playing i wouldnt rule him out returning just before the world cup. you will probably find that a huge chunk of the australian team will end their careers after the world cup so i would think that the majority of the team that is there now will probably still be there. the pressure will probably be on players like martyn and hayden who havent performed as well in the ODI as they have to keep their place from players like the hussey brothers, thornly, jacques and cameron white.

australia to win i feel

EDIT: ZIMBABWE ( TOO ENIXPIERENCED TO WIN A WORLD CUP )
Is exnixperienced a word? if so what does it mean?

IMO McGrath and Gillespie should step back, so that the youngsters are tried out. It will be no good to Australia if a 38-year old McGrath or a 36-year old Gillespie play for them (Though Gillespie will most likely be kicked out before the World Cup). They will not perform as good as they are at present.

Another point, the current Australian A side has been very impressive against the touring teams. This side contains all the players that will make their way into the Aussie WC Squad. So Australia still have a very strong chance of winning the World Cup.

England have been very impressive in their own backyard. Apart from the West Indian tour or the South African test-series, they havent really made a mark overseas. They have done well in ODIs at their grounds. Just a question to you Aussies: If England had played the 20/20 match at Perth how would they have fared? I am not biased towards England, but they havent really done anything, apart from winning tests, away from home.

India have a good chance if they get rid of some of the old guys in their team. Bring in new blood and try them out. Much like the selection of Dhoni or Gambhir. Both have impressed the Indian audience.

Pakistan has a 40% chance. If we have guys like Akhtar still around, we have already lost the WC. Anyway, we are unpredictable (We can even lose to Zimbabwe)

Based on performances right now my pic for the world cup semi-finalists are australia , england , sri lanka and pakistan .

Users who are viewing this thread