World Cup 2011 (hosts)

Who should Host ICC World Cup 2011 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many teams from Europe are going to make the World Cup?

One and thats England. Things can change in 4 years, I agree, but this year England might be struggling to make it in without playing for the last spot.

saisrini80 said:
4. More nations in Asia - Asia consists of 4 cricketing nations - India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. This is the only continent with the most number of cricketing nations! So we need to be awarded every third World Cup!
Actually, Europe has more.

irottev said:
One and thats England. Things can change in 4 years, I agree, but this year England might be struggling to make it in without playing for the last spot.
2007 World Cup.....

England, Scotland, Ireland, Netherlands. Looks like four European teams to me, exactly the same number as Asia, who have failed to produced a qualifier for the last world cup or the next one.

So name all 5+ of them. I can't think of 5.

England hosted it in 1999. South Africa last time, West Indies this time, Pak/India in 1996. Australia/NZ havn't hosted since 1992. That'll be for almost 20 years by then.

And yeah, I discovered them.

I think its fair enough for every third one to be hosted in Asia. So in the past six World Cups, they have held it twice. Thats right on the ratio. Then from the next three they get to hold it once. I am pretty sure who ever loses this time will get the one after. Its a long time though.

Last edited:
Actually, Europe has more.
Really? You sure abouth this Nixon? Because you may have more in the WC, but If I remember correctly the ACC has around 50ish countries...

ZoraxDoom said:
Really? You sure abouth this Nixon? Because you may have more in the WC, but If I remember correctly the ACC has around 50ish countries...
50? No where near mate.

Members of the ACC

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Bhutan
Brunei
China
Hong Kong
Iran
Kuwait
Malaysia
Maldives
Nepal
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Thailand
UAE

That's 17, plus 4 test nations, which makes 21 in all.

Members of the ECC

Belgium
Denmark
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Netherlands
Scotland
Austria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Finland
Greece
Guernsey
Isle of Man
Jersey
Luxembourg
Malta
Norway
Portugal
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland

That's 27, plus one test team, making 28 in all.

So there's 7 more members of the ECC than there are of the ACC. The ECC has a further ten members that are not ICC members.

Someone up there judged the quality of all the pitches in the subcontinent based on one game. Nice job stereotyping, there.

I would like to see the WC back in Asia, especially since this increases the chances of the final being in Mumbai (hell, yeah). Apart from that, I don't really care since I won't have a chance to watch it, really.

andrew_nixon said:
50? No where near mate.

Members of the ACC

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Bhutan
Brunei
China
Hong Kong
Iran
Kuwait
Malaysia
Maldives
Nepal
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Thailand
UAE

That's 17, plus 4 test nations, which makes 21 in all.

Members of the ECC

Belgium
Denmark
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Netherlands
Scotland
Austria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Finland
Greece
Guernsey
Isle of Man
Jersey
Luxembourg
Malta
Norway
Portugal
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland

That's 27, plus one test team, making 28 in all.

So there's 7 more members of the ECC than there are of the ACC. The ECC has a further ten members that are not ICC members.
Are you sure? Have
Guernsey
Isle of Man
Jersey
Luxembourg
Malta
Actually play any official matches?

ZoraxDoom said:
Are you sure? Have
Guernsey
Isle of Man
Jersey
Luxembourg
Malta
Actually play any official matches?
Isle of Man, Luxembourg and Malta have all taken part in the qualification process for the 2011 World Cup, and Jersey and Guernsey will do so in August.

Guernsey also played both Namibia and Bermuda as part of the build up for last years ICC Trophy.

ZoraxDoom said:
Lol, Zorax. You don't really like Andrew do you?

I prefer it to be hosted in asia. Can't stand having to get up at 5 am or if it's a day game at 1 am. I much prefer the mid morning starting times of asia. :D

Australia and New Zealand. Partly selfish because I live in Melbourne, but I think its only fair, given we wont have hosted it for 19 years by then, and if Asia gets 2015, it'll be 19 years for them, which is fair, otherwise, we'll be without it for 23 years at least, and Asia will have 15 years apart. Forget number of countries etc, we're all equal members here.

The ANZAC's deserve it, it's been long enough already...
But, I suspect Asia will just sneak in and host the 2011 WC,
mostly because it'll bring in more money, the ICC will as per
usual over-look the quality factor that the ANZAC's have.

Well time zones won't be too much of a prob for Asia so that basically rules out any advantage there. For the English its a case of too bad as if its in Asia and its a day game it starts at 5am anyway.

Heres hoping the ICC follow Rugby Union when they didn't go with the money.
Also as NZ are hosting the RWC 2011 is the best time for NZ to host the cricket as who knows what will happen to the stadiums and transport system in NZ after the RWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread