Australia, New Zealand likely to host 2011 cricket world cup

Who knows maybe NZ might win in front of 100,000 Aussie fans at the MCG

Good time since the RWC will be in NZ in 2011 so they will have the stadiums ready including a revamped Eden Park. I wonder if Aus will use Telstra stadium to host any matches.

Anything is possible in Cricket in any form,even BD have defeated Aus,the team who plays all the three depts (batting,feilding,bowling) well ,wins the game,no matter who is the opponent,pitch,conditions....But for the moment India is really doing well,but I would like to see India winning abroad more outside Indian subcontinent ,though recently they have won in Aus (VB series),they are playing well at home...

nikhil_99 added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Good time since the RWC will be in NZ in 2011 so they will have the stadiums ready including a revamped Eden Park. I wonder if Aus will use Telstra stadium to host any matches.

Ya that would be interesting if they use Telstra stadium.

Well they haven't used Telstra Stadium for international cricket at all since it was built as far as I can remember, since Cricket NSW would have a contract with the SCG.

Yea they haven't used it yet, would be good to give it a run but not going to happen with the contract with the SCG. With it's capacity it could host one of the semis but if it's not packed out it's not worth it.

I dont mind the WC going to Australia/New Zealand. Australia has the best looking grounds in international cricket, and the conditions there favor good sporting contests with the atmosphere being electric. I loved the CB series doubled with India winning it.

If it doesnt come to Asia, its a good move to take it to Australia/New Zealand. Anyway, it will be fun.

There is plenty of time...i just feel that BCCI will finally convince ICC,and India will host 2011 WC.

I dont mind the WC going to Australia/New Zealand. Australia has the best looking grounds in international cricket, and the conditions there favor good sporting contests with the atmosphere being electric. I loved the CB series doubled with India winning it.

If it doesnt come to Asia, its a good move to take it to Australia/New Zealand. Anyway, it will be fun.

agreed:cheers

No doubt,any Aus ground you take,they are very nice,huge,well maintained,though the capacity of grounds is comparatively low (comapred to sub-continent,i am not mentioning MCG here,MCG's capacity is huge)in India mostly avg capacity is close 70,000-80,000,harldy 2-3 gounds may have capacity of 50,000,but in general its really pleasure to watch any match in Aus,they have really maintained their grounds very well,for many years,its not that they have started maintained from now,for years we see lush green outfield and big & beautiful stadiums

I'd love it to come to Australia, and thought that we deserved to have it before the sub-continent unfairly stole it from us, but this isn't really how I'd want to have it here. Moving the World Cup would just send the message to terrorists that they can wreck a country that easily. Having the World Cup in India would be huge, and taking it away from them would be devastating, which will just be a bonus for terrorism.

No doubt,any Aus ground you take,they are very nice,huge,well maintained,though the capacity of grounds is comparatively low (comapred to sub-continent,i am not mentioning MCG here,MCG's capacity is huge)in India mostly avg capacity is close 70,000-80,000,harldy 2-3 gounds may have capacity of 50,000,but in general its really pleasure to watch any match in Aus,they have really maintained their grounds very well,for many years,its not that they have started maintained from now,for years we see lush green outfield and big & beautiful stadiums
The difference is also the quality of the capacity. I am assuming that Indian grounds at 80,000 would be made up of a lot of non-seating options. The MCG for example has a capacity of 100,000 all of which is seated. They got 100,012 for the 2008 AFL Grand Final though, which shows that there is room for more standing.

The difference is also the quality of the capacity. I am assuming that Indian grounds at 80,000 would be made up of a lot of non-seating options. The MCG for example has a capacity of 100,000 all of which is seated. They got 100,012 for the 2008 AFL Grand Final though, which shows that there is room for more standing.

Also Australia doesn't have anything near the population of India.

Aussies winning unprecedented fourth consecutive World Cup at the MCG infront of a crowd of 100 000, yeah I like the sound of that. :D

Hell yeah!:D

Yea they haven't used it yet, would be good to give it a run but not going to happen with the contract with the SCG. With it's capacity it could host one of the semis but if it's not packed out it's not worth it.

If by Telstra you mean ANZ then GOD NO! It's the crappest pitch there, all spoungey etc. There was a twenty20 game between NSW and Queensland hosted there last year and there was only 1 six hit all game! NSW won and we only got something like 7/120!

There is gonna be another 1 or 2 twenty20 games there for some reason again this year. Its a really bad cricket stadium. Unless they fix the pitch and make it a decent cricket pitch then it would be worth a go.

Users who are viewing this thread