World Cup 2011 (hosts)

Who should Host ICC World Cup 2011 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
jazz said:
so will New Zealand pitches, if not would probably be better for fast bowlers than australia pitches. brett lee was bowling 4-5mph faster than he usually does in last years chappel hadlee series in new zealand

Just to correct you and what others think, the speed of a ball is measured from the hand within 2 yards of leaving. So pitch makes no difference to what the speedometer says, but fatser pitches like the WACA will come onto a batsman faster, so the speedo at the MCG may say 151kph but will onlly hit the batsman at 125kph, where as at the WACA it will say 151kph but hit the batsman at 130kph..

So you cannot really tell how much faster a bowler is by the naked eye, only the Batsman will know how quick it is coming onto him.

Australia and NZ should host it.

we havent hosted since 1992, so in fairness it is our turn.

genghis_khan said:
Australia and NZ should host it.

we havent hosted since 1992, so in fairness it is our turn.
I agree.A rotation policy should be followed in these matters so that everyone gets a chance to host the mega event.

newzolt said:
I agree.A rotation policy should be followed in these matters so that everyone gets a chance to host the mega event.

The ICC used to have a rotation policy, but all ICC full members (including Australia and New Zealand) agreed to scrap it.

I think you'll probably get it anyway, as the BCCI seem to be intent on pissing off the ICC at every turn at the moment, so are unlikely to win the event.

Yeah bring the World Cup down here!!

Saves them having to ship the trophy all the way here;)

And speaken of time differences. When the ashes were on in England, it normally started at about 7pm (EST) here, i loved it! Going to bed and watchen some cricket...brilliant

Yep, last World Cup in Australia was won by which team ?
Lets repeat the History Pakistan :D.

India are indeed pissing the ICC off, but don't forget that the ICC's decisions will heavily be dictated by the GCC. Of which, 3 sponsors are basically Indian.

sohummisra said:
India are indeed pissing the ICC off, but don't forget that the ICC's decisions will heavily be dictated by the GCC. Of which, 3 sponsors are basically Indian.

LG - South Korea
Pepsico - USA
Hutchison - Hong Kong
Hero Honda - India/Japan
Indian Oil - India (obviously)
Cable & Wireless - UK

So thats 1.5 out of 6.

Ah, andrew_nixon, generalization at its best, right there. LG and Pepsi's parent companies may be based in other countries, but these companies would not be investing in the game if it wasn't for India. Do you think Pepsi promotes cricket in the US? No. It is primarily Pepsi Asia which is sponsoring the GCC.

Same goes with LG. Not much coverage of cricket in South Korea--but I would argue that LG's second largest consumer population is probably in, you guessed it, India. Hero Honda is an Indian company that has tied up with a Japanese company. Again, no cricket promotion in Japan.

Hutchison--hadn't heard of this before, but I presume it is the same as Hutchison-Essar (Hutch, Orange), which is prevalent in the UK and in India. Again, partially India. All these companies, regardless of where they are originally from, are in the game primarily because of India. So that's about 4.5 out of 6 that's from India.

Pepsi is Pakistans Official Sopnsors, so we'll drink it in WC 2011 :).

Thecontracts dont run to 2011.
We will be having a new set of contracts end of this year for the ICC tournaments and telecast rights.

I would love Australia and New Zealand to host it, with the final being played at the MCG.

Do World Cup's ever get hosted in Scotland ? :(

usy said:
Do World Cup's ever get hosted in Scotland ? :(

The 1999 World Cup had two games played in Scotland.

Scotland are bidding for the first Twenty20 World Championship.

England's bid for the 2015 World Cup includes games in Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread