World Cup 2011 (hosts)

Who should Host ICC World Cup 2011 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia-NZ deserve to host the World Cup in 2011.Asia hosted it in 1996.So now it's the turn of Aus and NZ as the hosted in 1992, and I think that was one of the best World Cup ever hosted.After that England in 1999 comes to my mind as the second best.

andrew_nixon said:
The 1999 World Cup had two games played in Scotland.

Scotland are bidding for the first Twenty20 World Championship.

England's bid for the 2015 World Cup includes games in Scotland.
this is as great as it gets! :cool: :cool:

As long as this BCCI regime controls India the World Cup should not come here.
Infact it can go to Pakistan,Sri Lanka and Bangladesh combined.
But ,personally i'd like it to be Australia and New Zealand.

After recent racist remarks I don't think Aus will get it.

I presume if Australia and New Zealand get it in 2011, it would be coming back to Asia in 2015. But then, it all depends on the way the ICC plans to hand out the World Cup--seeing that they have gotten rid of the rotational order. Asia's last World Cup was in 1996.

sohummisra said:
I presume if Australia and New Zealand get it in 2011, it would be coming back to Asia in 2015.

If Australia and New Zealand get it in 2011, the UK and Ireland get it in 2015. There is no Asian bid for 2015.

Are bids for 2015 being placed (and closing) now? I think the ICC should wait until 2007 is complete before accepting and deciding bids for 2015. Ah well, not the first time they've messed up.

andrew_nixon said:
If Australia and New Zealand get it in 2011, the UK and Ireland get it in 2015. There is no Asian bid for 2015.

Why not Scotland and Wales? :p.

I would want Australia and New Zealand to get the World cup in 2011 due to the conditions and the stadiums, and that England will get it in 2015.

Yeah Scotland would be fun, :D then i can watch to final, common ICC.

sohummisra said:
Are bids for 2015 being placed (and closing) now? I think the ICC should wait until 2007 is complete before accepting and deciding bids for 2015. Ah well, not the first time they've messed up.

They have to take bids for all tournaments up to 2015 due to a TV contract.

Drewska said:
Why not Scotland and Wales?

I hope that bit is a joke, considering I've mentioned Scotland and Wales in my previous post.

andrew_nixon said:
It is quite welcome to see the boards reach a compromise for a change!
Indeed, although the circumstances seem odd:

INDIA: Give us an extra 3 weeks to decide our World Cup bid, and we'll play in the Twenty20 tournament.
ENGLAND: Hey, we'll host the Twenty20 Tournament if you want. And to make sure it goes ahead, we'll withdraw our bid for the 2015 World Cup.

It just... seems awkward. I guess that's how business is run. :)

Asian World Cup bid damaged - Mani
April 25, 2006

The ICC President Ehsan Mani has said that the late submission of the Asian bloc's compliance book has weakened their bid for the 2011 World Cup.

Mani told PTI: "Their [Asia's] strong case only weakened because of late submission of compliance book. Nevertheless, if Asia doesn't win the right for 2011 World Cup, I am sure they would get the 2015 World Cup."

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have made a bid and were allowed an extension until April 21 to set out their proposal after they had difficulty hitting the first deadline in March. They are up against a joint Australia-New Zealand bid for the tournament. The host will be decided by a vote on April 30, but Mani added that it would be premature to speculate which bid was stronger.

"The voting would be done from 13 countries and seven votes are required to win the rights," he said. "Asia already has four votes and they require another three. But Australia and New Zealand's bid is also strong and 100 percent complete. They have also guaranteed 100 percent tax exemptions."

Mani also confirmed that Asia had promised tax exemptions from their respective governments for the event. The ICC has faced problems with tax exemptions for the Champions Trophy from India and it required personal convincing by Mani and Malcolm Speed to get the event going.

? Cricinfo

At last we will know where the WC will be held.
Even with Asia missing the deadline, they still look to be the favourites for the 2011 WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread