World Cup 2011 (hosts)

Who should Host ICC World Cup 2011 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure - both choices would be good.

South Asia gets my vote simply because if Aus/NZ were to host it, then the matches would be on at really odd times for millions of asian viewers (including me !)

Australia/New Zealand.

Australia have dominated the international cricket stage for so long now, to hand the world cup over when it is our turn would be grossly unfair, and only really understandable if we had been a weak nation and wouldn't be able to gather enough interest. New Zealand have small grounds which are good for big scores, would be good to see Australia vs. USA at one of those grounds (although the Australian games would be played here anyway)

When they say 13 votes,who all do they include?
The ten test playing nations with Kenya and Zimbabwe.
1 vote still remains.Which would that be ?

Anyways,i'd say Asia would go down by a sinlge vote.
Aus,NZ,SAF,WIN & ENG would vote for Aus-Nz.
Dunno bout the rest though.

ritwik said:
I am not sure - both choices would be good.

South Asia gets my vote simply because if Aus/NZ were to host it, then the matches would be on at really odd times for millions of asian viewers (including me !)

Whats so odd about it? You guys play alot of your ODI matches when we play ours. Like the Bangladesh match currently on is basically 1 hour before a day night match would start in Aus. Most matches in Aus will be day nighters so that it suits you guys. The English well not much we can do for them, they've have to get up early in the morning to watch the games.

ritwik said:

Dude,Trinidad will be getting floodlights soon.The day-nighter would start at midnight then.
As an Indian i'd like to WC to come to India,however,looking at the facilites,i'd prefer Australia and New Zealand.Also,one should feel for them as they have'nt had a world cup in 15 years..quite a long time. :crying

Facilities ? They're as good in most Indian grounds. Mohali and Eden are world class. Mumbai is very good. The refurbished Delhi ground is gonna be very good as well, and there is talk of a new 100000 seater in Mumbai which will definitely have been built by 2011.

ritwik said:
Facilities ? They're as good in most Indian grounds. Mohali and Eden are world class. Mumbai is very good. The refurbished Delhi ground is gonna be very good as well, and there is talk of a new 100000 seater in Mumbai which will definitely have been built by 2011.

No ritwik,check out the grounds w.r.t
seats
leg space
spectator comfort
bathrooms
food & drink
cleanliless

Asian grounds would always lack in this in comparision to Australian & New Zealand grounds.
True,they are building a new ground at Delhi,but that too has taken an awfully long time.
Our grounds do not have roofs.And i doubt ppl from other countries would be able to bear the heat.

The most important thing would be the tax exemptions.

Well, Asia needs 3 more votes to get the World Cup. They probably shouldn't have too much trouble convincing Zimbabwe, Kenya and another associate member. Also, would South Africa vote for Australia after what happened on their last tour down under?

sohummisra said:
Well, Asia needs 3 more votes to get the World Cup. They probably shouldn't have too much trouble convincing Zimbabwe, Kenya and another associate member.
You're assuming Kenya will be one of the three associate members at the meeting. They could include Fiji and Papua New Guinea, who would probably vote for Australia/New Zealand.

gambino said:
asia deserves it!!
but i feel the recent racist thing with south africans might work against aus/nz
i'm not sure if that'll affect Aussie/NZ bid, but if they do get the chance to host 2011, it will be a major concern for most visiting teams.

No ritwik,check out the grounds w.r.t
seats
leg space
spectator comfort
bathrooms
food & drink
cleanliless

Asian grounds would always lack in this in comparision to Australian & New Zealand grounds.
True,they are building a new ground at Delhi,but that too has taken an awfully long time.
Our grounds do not have roofs.And i doubt ppl from other countries would be able to bear the heat.
To be blunt, who gives a horse's **** about "spectator comfort", apart from the spectators themselves ? Indian grounds draw in the crowds (often significantly larger than Aus and NZ) inspite of all the failings you mention, which I might add are not very contemporary when you consider the situation in the bigger Indian grounds. And all these things can very easily be turned around till 2011 (5 years!). Gawd knows that the BCCI has enough money to do it.

As far as your "people from other countries not being able to take the heat", it is so absurd that I won't respond to it, so that I don't accidently hurt your feelings.

Personally as an Aussie I would prefer it in Australia/New Zealand. Also Asia hosted a World Cup in 1996. Last time in Australia was 1992. Maybe they could go around in cycles, so each time we have a World Cup we don't have to have bids etc. The cycle could run like this:

Asia
Africa
Aus/New Zealand
West Indies
etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread