Yuvraj
Dhoni(Captain , WK)
Freddie
Vettori
Lee
Nitini
Malinga

Last edited:
I have nothing against Vettori but have you people seen his numbers over the last year?? From August 26th 2008 to August 26th 2009 he averages 47 in ODI cricket and a strike rate of 68. 11 wickets from 17 matches arent really World ODI Team numbers.

Mendis, Shakib, Murali, Hauritz all have better numbers...

Edited my team. I've just lost a little trust in Mendis in the last few months. I think the mystery has been solved and it'll just get easier and easier to handle him. Just my opinion.

I realise that Vettori's numbers aren't great, but then neither are Afridi's. It's the fact that he plays for New Zealand, where any wicket taking pressure he creates is blown away at the other end. Also the only comparison there would be Shakib, who can also bat, and his figures are so good thanks to playing a terrible West Indies side. Not saying he's a bad player, that might be the one change, but he needs to prove himself a bit more first.

well looking at Afridis numbers over the same time frame they are much better.
Having Afridi and then a full time spinner like Murli, Mendis, Harbhajan alongside Afridi would be allot better.

Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid / Michael Hussey
Yuvi Singh
AB de Villiers / JP Duminy
Yusuf Pathan
MS Dhoni (W) + (C)
Daniel Vettori / Harbhajan Singh
Brett Lee
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma

12th man - Jacques Kallis

Don't know Yusuf gets in there. He's not done anything special and his current form is horrendous.

Zorax... yeah. It was difficult not to pick the Best players in the world (who incidentally hail from India, more than anywhere else, tbh ;)
Leggie... I can't think of a bigger striker in world cricket than Yusuf Pathan. He's an absolute butcher. The BEST the world has seen. Give him some time. He's still new in ODIs, but for me, he's the GOD of T20s :)

I can see you're going to be good value. No use being able to hit the ball a mile when you don't actually have a technique.

I don't think Oram & McCullum have the best technique in the business, do they?

Users who are viewing this thread