World ODI Team?

Well brother, apart from the 158 he got for KKR, I don't see him doing anything great, neither for KKR, nor NZ. Oram, well, he's an unlucky guy. He peaked and how in 2008 against Mike Hussey's Australia (not the full-strength Australia, mind you), but injuries have screwed his case up a bit.

Yusuf, on the other hand is a player that will win you a game where you need to score 10 runs an over in the last 4 overs. He can change a game in mins. and some of the greatest cricketers of all time stand in testimony to that fact. Sorry, I can't think of anyone outside of Kolkata (I'm being very optimistic despite his performance in IPL 2) and NZ attributing McCullum as being a game changer. As for Oram, we all know he is going thru a lean patch, so its best we don't include him in the debate !

shravi... give him some time. I dont think Freddie Flintoff, Andrew Symonds & Herschelle Gibbs were instant hits either. You need to be patient with the big-hitters. They take time to adapt to the game. :)

And when they've got their eye in, they do what Yuvi does ! Smash the opposition out of the game :hpraise !

Well brother, apart from the 158 he got for KKR, I don't see him doing anything great, neither for KKR, nor NZ. Oram, well, he's an unlucky guy. He peaked and how in 2008 against Mike Hussey's Australia (not the full-strength Australia, mind you), but injuries have screwed his case up a bit.

Yusuf, on the other hand is a player that will win you a game where you need to score 10 runs an over in the last 4 overs. He can change a game in mins. and some of the greatest cricketers of all time stand in testimony to that fact. Sorry, I can't think of anyone outside of Kolkata (I'm being very optimistic despite his performance in IPL 2) and NZ attributing McCullum as being a game changer. As for Oram, we all know he is going thru a lean patch, so its best we don't include him in the debate !

Come back to me when Pathan makes a test hundred. What has Yusuf done in international cricket, at least McCullum and Oram have won New Zealand a heap of matches over the past 3-4 years.

You mean to say that they got picked and started winning games for NZ immediately? The Answer is "No". They settled down a bit and developed into the players they are today. Just like Yusuf, Sehwag, Gibbs, Afridi, AB, Yuvi & Dhoni too were criticized for their "approach" to the game. And see what they have developed into. If you keep your ego to the side for a bit, you will see the talent in Yusuf, waiting to be exploited :) !

Smith & Warne, among dozens of other international superstars aren't idiots. They've seen something in him, which you obviously haven't. Give him sometime. I'm sure Brendon & Oram too got a lotta opportunities !

McCullum was 20 when he made his international debut and Oram was 21. Makes sense that they got better isn't it. Both of them were picked 2-3 years too early but had some sort of class about them, something that Pathan lacks. He can't play short pitched bowling at all and from what I've seen he's only got one of two shot's off the spinners.

Btw what talent does Yusuf have, the ability to hit the ball a long way? That doesn't mean squat in international cricket, you need a decent technique to survive.

Last edited:
NZ do NOT possess a copyright to produce talented players. I'm trying to explain you that he needs time, he has the talent which needs to be nurtured. But you just dont get the point, do you :sarcasm ?

I too can talk about Brendon & Oram's blatantly visible drawbacks. But there is a difference between the way we debate. And I'd like it to stay that way :) !

NZ do NOT possess a copyright to produce talented players. I'm trying to explain you that he needs time, he has the talent which needs to be nurtured. But you just dont get the point, do you :sarcasm ?

I too can talk about Brendon & Oram's blatantly visible drawbacks. But there is a difference between the way we debate. And I'd like it to stay that way :) !

What do Oram and McCullum have to do with this anyway, I didn't name them in my one day team. You don't like to drift of topic remember. Someone with proper cricketing talent would be good enough to play test cricket one day, and if Yusuf is ever going to do that he's going to need a heck of a lot of work on his batting. Even then it probably wouldn't matter, he's just not good enough period.

Well mate, I dont think I need to be told whom to pick and whom not to in my list. You were the one who started off with this - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-discussion/world-odi-team-41402-11.html#post1546910 . Yet, I tried convincing you otherwise. But you just refuse to understand. One can't break a brick wall with one's head, can he? :sarcasm

As for Oram & McCullum playing Test cricket, well you guys dont have the talent pool to replace a player on the fly. Thats why you stick to the same players. Harsh but true. And a hint, you know it yourself :spy !

You should stop trolling you know. Won't make you right ! :)

Well mate, I dont think I need to be told whom to pick and whom not to in my list. You were the one who started off with this - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-discussion/world-odi-team-41402-11.html#post1546910 . Yet, I tried convincing you otherwise. But you just refuse to understand. One can't break a brick wall with one's head, can he? :sarcasm

As for Oram & McCullum playing Test cricket, well you guys dont have the talent pool to replace a player on the fly. Thats why you stick to the same players. Harsh but true. And a hint, you know it yourself :spy !

You should stop trolling you know. Won't make you right ! :)

Understand what? Your've not told me anything or proven any of your claims that he's the best striker the world has ever seen.

Leggie... I can't think of a bigger striker in world cricket than Yusuf Pathan. He's an absolute butcher. The BEST the world has seen. Give him some time. He's still new in ODIs, but for me, he's the GOD of T20s :)

You just keep rambling on about McCullum and Oram instead. Fair enough it's the team you picked but when you pick a player like Yusuf Pathan at least have a solid reason for doing so, being a 26 year old basher really isn't a good reason. Especially when said player has done nothing of note in international cricket. This is a world ODI team afterall.

break it up ladies !!!

Infraction : Let the Moderators Do Their Job !! :getyou

;)

my world ODI Team

Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Ricky Ponting
Kumar Sangakkara
Kevin Pietersen
Mark Boucher
Daniel Vettori
Brett Lee