World ODI Team?

Probably poor wording on my part, but proof that Broad > All. :D

I'll admit that Broad's a good one day bowler. But he still seems to get hit around to much. He'll improve though, he just needs to cut out the wide and short stuff he sometimes dishes up.

Bad ODI lineup

My ODI line up (From each country)

Mathew Hayden
Chris Gayle
Younus Khan
Kevin Pietersen (c)
Brendan Taylor/Sean Williams
Steve Tikolo/Thomas Odoyo
MS Dhoni (wk)
Daniel Vettori
Mashrafe Mortaza
Ajantha Mendis
Makhaya Ntini

:D

First it is not any rule to include player from each country
Second, Mathew Hayden is retired so he cant be in this Odi xi
third why you are putting Younus Khan in your team ,,he is not so good to be there
you are picking players from kenya and zim ,,,:D God Bless you
Mashrafe Mortaza ,,, what the hell:doh
Makhaya Ntini is also retired ,,,in what era you are living

No player from India :eek: totally biased pick up

First it is not any rule to include player from each country
Second, Mathew Hayden is retired so he cant be in this Odi xi
third why you are putting Younus Khan in your team ,,he is not so good to be there
you are picking players from kenya and zim ,,,:D God Bless you
Mashrafe Mortaza ,,, what the hell:doh
Makhaya Ntini is also retired ,,,in what era you are living

No player from India :eek: totally biased pick up

He picked that team almost a year ago.

Ok so is it?

First of, I think Vettori is a better captain the Dhoni.

Please don't tell me you think Malinga's action is illegal

He's been a very good ODI bowler for a long time now, he's far from overrated as a one day bowler.

Bias :D

Lucky I didn't look like a total prick and pick Ryder and McCullum.

Nope, Umar Gul is severely overrated these days.

Hahahaha, I will never rate Mitchell Johnson as a one day bowler. I don't know how many times I've seen him tonked around.

I would argue my team selections more but I can already see where this is going.

No doubt, Vettori is a great captain at present and far better than pointing and smith, specially pointing was lucky to have champion players like gilly,haydo,mcgrath,warne, otherwise he is a ordinary captain but a fighter batsman but Dhoni can be another better chice for captain

i am not saying, mallinga or akhtar action is illegal but in my personal view he is not having proper fast bowler like action ,such as Dennis Lillie was having

Lol Flintoff is not overrated and he is a good bowler how can you say like that

No my comment is not biased , ross taylr is promising player and i can bet in future 4-5 years he would be in top three batsman but right now he i not enough good to be in Best ODI...

McCullum is a Slogging Daemon and one of most stylish batsman but not successful enough

Now you are going to harsh for saying like that ,gul is a fighter which one thing i like about him and easily in top 3 bowler if not,,, then explain me in detail

So i should say you are jealous with australia or Mitchell Johnson mm if you are saying this to me

No doubt, Vettori is a great captain at present and far better than pointing and smith, specially pointing was lucky to have champion players like gilly,haydo,mcgrath,warne, otherwise he is a ordinary captain but a fighter batsman but Dhoni can be another better chice for captain

i am not saying, mallinga or akhtar action is illegal but in my personal view he is not having proper fast bowler like action ,such as Dennis Lillie was having

Lol Flintoff is not overrated and he is a good bowler how can you say like that

No my comment is not biased , ross taylr is promising player and i can bet in future 4-5 years he would be in top three batsman but right now he i not enough good to be in Best ODI...

McCullum is a Slogging Daemon and one of most stylish batsman but not successful enough

Now you are going to harsh for saying like that ,gul is a fighter which one thing i like about him and easily in top 3 bowler if not,,, then explain me in detail

So i should say you are jealous with australia or Mitchell Johnson mm if you are saying this to me

Vettori isn't a better captain then Smith, I'd rate him as the best in the world at the moment. Dhoni just didn't impress me when India were in New Zealand. They could've won the test series 2-0 had he not been so stupid.

Flintoff's a better bowler then Umar Gul, that settle's both of them. Gul has got to be one of the most overated bowlers going around.

Actually I think Taylor is good enough to be considered a top one day batsmen, he's averaging just under 40 at the moment.

You're right about McCullum, for the most par he's fairly rubbish. But he's the best keeper in the world so that's why I rate him that highly.

Mitchell Johnson's not bad, I just don't like him as a one day bowler. He just seems to have too many games where he goes for 60-70 runs.

Dan what is Chandepaul doing in this XI? :eek:

Just thought I'd revive this thread with my opinion

1. Watson
2. Dilshan
3. Younis Khan
4. Chanderpaul
5. Dhoni (W)
6. Hussey, M
7. Afridi / Flintoff
8. Vettori (C)
9. Johnson
10. Kulasekera
11. Lee

Most of this is based on stats from the last 2 years against the teams I rate as reasonable opposition, although Vettori's and Afridi's stats aren't that great, they can be very useful if need be.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd revive this thread with my opinion

1. Watson
2. Dilshan
3. Younis Khan
4. Chanderpaul
5. Dhoni (W)
6. Hussey, M
7. Afridi / Flintoff
8. Vettori (C)
9. Johnson
10. Kulasekera
11. Lee

Most of this is based on stats from the last 2 years against the teams I rate as reasonable opposition, although Vettori's and Afridi's stats aren't that great, they can be very useful if need be.

Instand of Chanderpaul I will have Yuvraj
Instand of Kulasekera (Who ever that is:confused:) I will have Umar Gul.
to be honest Mike Hussey is not that good.

Instand of Chanderpaul I will have Yuvraj
Instand of Kulasekera (Who ever that is:confused:) I will have Umar Gul.
to be honest Mike Hussey is not that good.

Kulasekara

I think he's probably better than Umar Gul for ODI, T20 definitely Gul.
Don't rate Yuvraj much really, hardly a great average or strike rate, and he's fat.
And Hussey's just in bad form, but he's good at ODI, he's the best at 6.

Kulasekara

I think he's probably better than Umar Gul for ODI, T20 definitely Gul.
Don't rate Yuvraj much really, hardly a great average or strike rate, and he's fat.
And Hussey's just in bad form, but he's good at ODI, he's the best at 6.

No!! Umar Gul is better bowler then him:D
and I will have Younus Khan as a Captain not Vettori.

New Zealand have a better win to loss, that's why that's there.

Chris Gayle
Virender Sehwag
Shiv Chanderpaul
Yuvraj Singh
AB de Villiers
MS Dhoni *+
Shahid Afridi
Mitchell Johnson 2
Umar Gul
Nuwan Kulasekara 1
Ajantha Mendis

happy with that.

Last edited:
Chris Gayle
Virender Sehwag
Shiv Chanderpaul
Yuvraj Singh
AB de Villiers
MS Dhoni *+
Shahid Afridi
Mitchell Johnson 2
Umar Gul
Nuwan Kulasekara 1
Ajantha Mendis

happy with that.

Looks very good to me, can't see much wrong there.

I would go with:

S. Watson
S. Tendulkar
R. Ponting (c)
K. Sangakkara (wk)
K. Pietersen
AB. De Villiers
M. Hussey
N. Kulasekara
B. Lee
A. Mendis
D. Steyn

I think this would be a perfectly balanced side, Hussey at 7 is a finisher, Bevan-like role. Not only did i chose them for there batting/bowling ability, i also thought of fielding. De Villiers and Ponting are arguably two of the best in the field.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread