Worst sport, vote on opinion

AFL is the best sport on the planet...fast and exciting. But you need to be brought up with it to really understand it. It's to simple for your soccer and rugby brains to take.......

lol i ment something....I think i ment that they are so used to soccer and rugby which is simple and very slow...and AFL is a bit more touchy and complicated but is very fast and exciting...so lucky i live here!:D

Well,sometimes 'Soccer' can be slow,but alot of the time it is fast and exciting.But you are right about one thing;your luvky to lie here,just as i am!

andy82 said:
Aussie Rules Football is so bad & painful to watch, It makes putting your nuts in a blender feel good

thats very ironic coming from someone who comes from the country that created polo! id luv to c u get tackled by an aussie ruls footballer. ud be wishin ur balls were in a blender

Polo remains in the Royal family mostly, with Prince Harry and William both playing it.

Just because we invented it doesn't mean we have to play or like it. I don't like Aussie Rules Footbal/Rugby. Full stop.

.::Stevo::. said:
lol i ment something....I think i ment that they are so used to soccer and rugby which is simple and very slow...and AFL is a bit more touchy and complicated but is very fast and exciting...so lucky i live here!:D

Ever watched the Premiership or the Brazillian football team? Guess not......
Football is exiting, it may be simple but it is loved by a lot of people in the world.

Never watched AFL, from what I hear from you Aussies it sound's good, I will have to look into it.......

themuel1 said:
Never watched AFL, from what I hear from you Aussies it sound's good, I will have to look into it.......

You should it's an excellent sport, it dosn't get much coverage outside Australia though. Once you get into Aussie Rules it's hard to get into Soccer (known as Football in most countries). There are are a number of people in Australia that support both Aussie Rules and Soccer, but Aussie Rules is by far the number 1 sport!

BTW go the Sainters!

In fact England has a team competing in this years Aussie Rules International Cup!

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=intcup

Last edited:
The closest team to me is the Wimbledon Hawks. In 2002 they started a scheme to introduce schools to Aussie Rules Football/Rugby. The newest competition is the SANZA Brit Cup.

SkateBoarder2 said:
The closest team to me is the Wimbledon Hawks. In 2002 they started a scheme to introduce schools to Aussie Rules Football/Rugby. The newest competition is the SANZA Brit Cup.

LOL, your lucky. Down here, we are lucky if some of Brighton and Hove Albions (a first division footie team) reserves come into our school!!!

Whats so bad about that,i mean you can't expect players with so much money they could wipe out african debt(an exaggeration),to visit your school.

Brighton & Hove Albion players couldn't afford pie and chips let alone wipe out Africa's debt!

Users who are viewing this thread