Wrestling thread

Vengance Results

World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch def. The Hardys
Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero def. Jimmy Wang Yang
Johnny Nitro def. CM Punk to win the vacant ECW World Title
Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella def. Umaga (DQ)
United States Champion MVP def. Ric Flair
WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino def. Sgt. Slaughter & "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka
World Heavyweight Champion Edge def. Batista (Count out; Last Chance Match)
Candice Michelle def. Women's Champion Melina
WWE Champion John Cena def. King Booker, Randy Orton, Bobby Lashley & Mick Foley (Challenge Match)

I've just read some shocking news on WWE.com to the effect that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home!

Can someone please say that this is yet another sick stunt by WWE and that the legend that is Benoit is alive and well??

If this is true, my little nephew will be devastated, Benoit was his favourite wrestler and he was pretty high on my list, too.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

that's what it says on wikipedia. apparently, he's dead.

RIP Chris Benoit :(

I've just read some shocking news on WWE.com to the effect that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home!

Can someone please say that this is yet another sick stunt by WWE and that the legend that is Benoit is alive and well??

If this is true, my little nephew will be devastated, Benoit was his favourite wrestler and he was pretty high on my list, too.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I would have thought that if it's on WWE.com and it wasn't a storyline on tv then it's probably real.

Reading around and it does seem to be true. He missed the PPV last night to care for his family as they were spitting up blood.

I guess this has to can the whole McMahon is dead storyline - things in bad taste often have a way of biting you on the ass.

Last edited:
If it is indeed true, then it is one of the most tragic days in WWE history. My most sincere condolences go to his remaining family and friends.

R.I.P. Chris Benoit, a legend and sure-fire Hall of Famer. A damn nice guy besides all that. You will be missed. :(

Edit: We shouldn't forget the rest of the Benoit family. May they all Rest In Peace. :(

Last edited:
I would have thought that if it's on WWE.com and it wasn't a storyline on tv then it's probably real.

Reading around and it does seem to be true. He missed the PPV last night to care for his family as they were spitting up blood.

I guess this has to can the whole McMahon is dead storyline - things in bad taste often have a way of biting you on the ass.

In my opinion, the McMahon storyline is an utter disgrace.

Few years back , we lost Eddie and now his beat friend Chris Benoit :( WWE is having some worst moment . R.I.P Chris Benoit And His Family :upray

I doubt if they will can the storyline, as I can't see how they can do so without losing a lot of face (and no doubt, ratings.) Unimportant, I know, but that's how the faceless suits that run these companies think.

Edit: Credit where it's due, Mr McMahon has just appeared on Sky Sports Live in a Benoit tribute show, so they've obviously decided to can that particular storyline. It's on Sky Sports 3 now.

Last edited:
What makes the whole Vince storyline even worse is that on a few wrestling sites they are having to actually point that this is true and not a stunt.

The necrophilia storyline with Kane a few years ago was bad, very bad but the whole Vince thing stooped to a new low, especially in the light of the deaths of Sherri Martell last week and the Benoit family.

Incidentally, for anyone who cares Benoit's wife worked in the industry as a manager called woman (mainly the old wcw I think).

Few years back , we lost Eddie and now his beat friend Chris Benoit :( WWE is having some worst moment . R.I.P Chris Benoit And His Family :upray

Absolutely. These are awful times for the WWE and wrestling as a whole.

Bit early to be making jokes...

Couldn't agree more. Not funny at all. Sick, in fact! :noway

Last edited:
So what actually happened to him? and his family?

this really isnt good for the wwe with the mcmahon storyline although they cant be blamed for it

Users who are viewing this thread