Wrestling thread

It's definitely official, my Aussie news site - smh.com.au has reported it on front page.

Can't imagine Chris could do something like that but all I saw was him on the telly.
Also Mcmahon is back canceling his fake death.

In a further twist, this week's live Monday Night RAW program was supposed to have been a whodunit into the fictional death of Chairman Vince McMahon, whose limousine burst into a fiery explosion moments after he stepped into it after a bout two weeks ago.

That storyline was quickly scrapped and Vince McMahon instead appeared to explain about the death of Benoit. The company then aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/pro-wrestler-wife-and-son-killed/2007/06/26/1182623874321.html

He's being accused of muder-suicide. Which can mean either that he murdered them but they wanted to comit suicide, he aided them commiting suicide. Or that he murdered them and then commited suicide.

I'm so sad about the Chris Benoit death, he was one of the greatest of all time...it makes Vince McMahon look like a total idiot, because when i saw it on wwe.com it made me wonder if it was another fake death like vinces, which i'm sure i'm not the only one with these thoughts...RIP CHRIS BENOIT

Its sad to becuase you have to think there is a murder involved, I hope Chris didn't do it himself.:upray
:(RIP Chris Benoit:(

if chris did it, there will be a stigma around the wwe and they dont need that at all there work is contrevesial enough as it is

I don't think there will be controversy around the WWE as a sport business, unless of course Benoit left some sort of note explaining his actions that could implicate his careers as an attributing factor to the attrocities that he has commited.

Whilst we don't know the full facts (and in cases like this we often never do) it would seem that Benoit killed his wife and child before committing suicide.

As for the reasons why, well, it can be for a whole myriad of reasons. Though his career with the WWE is unlikely to be the main cause it could well be a contributing factor (these guys spend a lot of time on the road) in the sense that there were marriage difficulties or other pressures arising from it, this though is mere speculation at this moment in time and doesn't really add anything to the current state of affairs. However, I'm sure that over the coming weeks information will show up and people will begin to piece together what actually went wrong.

In response to Griffo - this won't have any real effect on the WWE and even if there were to be some factor implicating the industry what can be done.

People accept that if you want to wrestle you have to put the hard yards in. Sometimes the actions that people take to get there aren't always ethical but the alleged steroid abuse is no different from that of many other sports, much the same as the lack of what could be considered a normal family life.

As to the industry being controversial, well, I fail to see it that way. The only really controversial aspect of the sport is that it is based around storylines, which do mean that outcomes are know beforehand and that they occasionally step over the boundary of good taste. All wrestling fans know and accept this for what it is - sports entertainment.

It's only the idiots looking in from the outside who feel to play on the 'it's fake' angle mainly because they fail to understand and are worried that they are missing out on the joke. Just because it's scripted to some extent does it make it any less entertaining or mean that the risks are in any way diminished?

i love the wwe its a soap opera for men, but i feel for vince who is now going to have this associated with his storyline of "dying" when it was nothing but a coincidence that it happened in the same week and the media will play on this ALOT!

News has now been posted on WWE.com and Tnawrestling.com

Extremely sad news, Benoit was one of the most amazing wrestlers of all time, extremely talented. Will be sorely missed. His Diving Headbutt is awesome as was he. RIP Mr Benoit.

that headbutt was incredible! and the aggression who produced when doing the crossface... amazing he was one hell of a wrestler

He had a brilliant career simply for being able to come back from that Neck break of his.

RIP Chris Benoit - 1967-2007

Latest on it is still the Murder-Suicide accusation. As much as I don't want to believe it it seems more than a possibility. WWE employees noticed a change in his behavior recently and it has been said that he had a personality which the anonymous source said could snap at any moment. He even sent text messages around with a last message feeling.

Lets hope all this is disproven. Chris Benoit was one of the most talented technical wrestlers the world has ever seen and his legacy will be great, if this is disproven.

WWE have pulled the Vince Death storyline, he came out at the very start of Raw last night to confirm that it was a storyline and to open the rememberance for Benoit. The rest of this weeks shows, ECW and Smackdown, are going to be all matches and no angles, featuring mainly lower card talent, while the company recovers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread