Wrestling thread

Apparently there will be a new WWE Champion. Not 100% sure

Jericho has book signings on Monday and Tuesday which coincide with where the WWE are doing shows. Let's hope it's not just a coincidence or the WWE playing tricks on us.

I am genuinely gutted for the WWE's treatment of ECW. It is used to be a great hardcore promotion, but this Monster Mash battle royal is the last straw.

Let's look at how ECW has gone down hill:

Marcus Cor Von - Gone.
Tommy Dreamer - Hardly used.
The Sandman - Gone to RAW, used to job.

That was the heart of ECW. So when I see Big Daddy V vs Kane vs Great Khali vs Mark Henry, I cringe. However, I think it can be improved:

Bring back every match is Extreme Rules!
Get new talent, not RAW/SD rejects. I don't mean raid TNA, ROH and CZW. I mean re-hire RVD, Sabu, Cor Von etc.

Just my opinions on ECW.

Agreed, Cyber Sunday is sure gonna be good. Not sure which match he will come back though?

Tbf, WWE would be a much more successful industry if when they took over ECW, they took them over as a company, but left it alone completely. Provided funding, but more or less left it alone, unless a brilliant superstar came along that simply needed to move to WWE. Instead they've gutted out the competition which actually made the industry so successful, nobody is pushing WWE anymore, there doesn't appear to be any drive or desire to do anything on the scale of the storyline around when ECW was peaking; The Ministry, Mankind -Undertaker fueds etc.

But McMahon did provide ECW funding, yet they still went under. I think they should just give someone free reign over it on the creative side. It can't get much worse so bring in somebody new and fresh and just let them have a go with it. It could turn from a development patch to a very good product for up and coming talent. The problem is that as soon as an ECW star performs well, they will be moved to one of the other brands. Until that changes, the booking won't matter as it will always be inconsistent.

I can't see why McMahon doesn't see what the fans want. He's an astute businessman what's wrong with him. If i was him, i would make it like iot used to be, much more extreme and get all those old fans back. It was great.

The problem with ECW now is that they've stripped it of everything it ever meant. It's not longer a rebel concept, based around good technical wrestling, high flying moves and a lot of violence. They've messed up big time when they let Sabu go. Dedicated or not, he embodied ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread