Wrestling thread

Ritwik said:
Lol true. And I can't imagine what sort of idiot is writing his promos :mad:
Are they supposed to be completely uninteligible? I hope the point is to portray him as some sort of "monster" and that the guy can actually speak English reasonably choherently.

Some work needs to be done if he is to avoid becoming the new Giant Gonzales instead of the new Andre The Giant.

For your information he is illiterate.He was a farmer. Then he was working in Punjab Police afterthat he got call from WWE.

gaurav_indian said:
For your information he is illiterate.He was a farmer. Then he was working in Punjab Police afterthat he got call from WWE.
Something tells me that no police force in the world would hire someone who is illiterate.

Besides your info is slightly wrong. He left the police force in 1999, and went to the USA. He originally wrestled for APW before moving to NJPW in Japan in 2001. He got his WWE contract in January this year.

andrew_nixon said:
Something tells me that no police force in the world would hire someone who is illiterate.

Besides your info is slightly wrong. He left the police force in 1999, and went to the USA. He originally wrestled for APW before moving to NJPW in Japan in 2001. He got his WWE contract in January this year.
But in India its possible my dear friend bcoz he was good in games that's the criteria of choosing some people in Punjab Police(in village).My friend knows him very well.He is illiterate check your sources.

I never said that he definitely wasn't illiterate. However, if the Punjabi police force genuinely employs people who are illiterate, then I'd hope the Indian government are doing something about it, and bringing an end to such a stupid idea. The very idea of a police force employing someone completely illiterate is horrific.

andrew_nixon said:
I never said that he definitely wasn't illiterate. However, if the Punjabi police force genuinely employs people who are illiterate, then I'd hope the Indian government are doing something about it, and bringing an end to such a stupid idea. The very idea of a police force employing someone completely illiterate is horrific.
I said that its there in villages only and not many village people are literate in India.

andrew_nixon said:

I would second that account.

As far as the Punjab police situation is concerned, they sure as hell do not employ people who are completely illiterate. At least basic reading and writing skills are required in a widely spoken language (ie, Hindi and/or English for the northern states)

Even if Dalip Singh (ie, Great Khali) did not know English earlier, you would expect that he would've surely learned a little to get by if he has been wrestling internationally for 5 or 6 years.

Exactly. He lived in the USA for two years, and has now been living there for almost 6 months in his second stint. No-one can spend that long in a country without picking up at least some of the language.

Besides, according to IMDB he spoke English in an apperance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

May be the people in charge of the promos are trying to pass him off as an Ape man or something like that. Kane didn't speak anything for quite some time, then started his babbling.

andrew_nixon said:
Exactly. He lived in the USA for two years, and has now been living there for almost 6 months in his second stint. No-one can spend that long in a country without picking up at least some of the language.

Besides, according to IMDB he spoke English in an apperance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
You believe it or not but he is illiterate.And about the source my friend met him in a body buiding competition.Even if his speaking English that's been told by the translator to him who is living with him. :rolleyes:

Ritwik said:
I would second that account.

As far as the Punjab police situation is concerned, they sure as hell do not employ people who are completely illiterate. At least basic reading and writing skills are required in a widely spoken language (ie, Hindi and/or English for the northern states)

Even if Dalip Singh (ie, Great Khali) did not know English earlier, you would expect that he would've surely learned a little to get by if he has been wrestling internationally for 5 or 6 years.
I want to ask u do u know his background?

ok guys leave this. and check the news below:

ECW is now third brand of WWE after Smackdown and Raw. They announced in a press release Yesterday

faraz haider said:
ok guys leave this. and check the news below:

ECW is now third brand of WWE after Smackdown and Raw. They announced in a press release Yesterday
It means along with Raw and Smackdown we will also see ECW weekly. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread