Wrestling thread

Good Man at least someone holds my opinions as creditable :p

They're not going to kick ECW to the curve. They have been trying to get it to two hours, the major problem is that they can't manage that, hence it being a smaller show.

Considering the fact that Kurt Angle and Paul Wight, two guys who are capable of carrying promotions, let alone shows, were put on there, shows that it's more than just a part time thing. I admit that Lashley wasn't their first choice, but that's life.

If anything there will be a WCW brand instead of a Raw or Smackdown, although I understand that's a lot less likely now than a year or so ago.

The ECW name alone makes them a fair whack of cash and once they can get 2 hours and sell out arenas just using that brand, they will.

It's all about more cash and ECW helps that.

It is not smart to hate ECW even though it may seem so. It is taking the popular view and following the bandwagon.

9/10 of WWECW critics support TNA, another new company that is supported by few, has resonably unknown talent on it and has a one hour show with limited funds, maybe they should think about that first.

Last edited:
manee said:
Indeed. I would be willing to put money on ECW being around in a year.

To be fair it might well be around in a year. There are only 2 ways WWECW can go. It gets used as development and dies quickly or it is used as development and hangs around for a while, but still is far inferior to SD and Raw

It has not been proved as development yet. Who there has been developed and left for Sd or Raw?

MUFC1987 said:
They're not going to kick ECW to the curve. They have been trying to get it to two hours, the major problem is that they can't manage that, hence it being a smaller show.

And why cant they? Because they are not using it as equal to SD and Raw. It is a glorified development for all I care.

Considering the fact that Kurt Angle and Paul Wight, two guys who are capable of carrying promotions, let alone shows, were put on there, shows that it's more than just a part time thing. I admit that Lashley wasn't their first choice, but that's life.

And where are those 2 guys now? Oh wait, not at WWE. WWE used those 2 big name guys to lauch WWECW knowing that they would be leaving soon anyway, so it wouldnt be losing them from SD and Raw. With them leaving it left just the originals, who will be leaving soon, and the development lot.

If anything there will be a WCW brand instead of a Raw or Smackdown, although I understand that's a lot less likely now than a year or so ago.

To be frank, I can't see a WCW brand appearing ever, full stop. They brought back ECW, they won't bring anymore old companies back around. They also wouldn't get rid of SD or Raw because they are their 2 recognisable brand names. If they did get rid of one it would be stupid.

The ECW name alone makes them a fair whack of cash and once they can get 2 hours and sell out arenas just using that brand, they will.

It's all about more cash and ECW helps that.

Well I have covered the 2 hours, no TV network wants to give 2 hours to glorified development. If ECW didn't go on the same night as SD taping then I doubt they would sell out. As for other sources of cash, ECW may have created a surge when it did return, but that will, and possibly has already, stop.

manee said:
It has not been proved as development yet. Who there has been developed and left for Sd or Raw?

Nobody, yet. You can tell because just look at whats going on. Its young guys who may be pushed in the future being helped to get over by beating some of the old guys who are on their way out. The New Breed stable is all the guys they want to use ECW to get over and then ship on to SD and Raw. I would put money on none of them sticking around there for long

The Spin said:
And why cant they? Because they are not using it as equal to SD and Raw. It is a glorified development for all I care.
But then SD is still inferior to Raw, I know it's on different levels, but you can't just bring a show in and expect it within the first few years to match two long running shows, no matter who you put on them.

And where are those 2 guys now? Oh wait, not at WWE. WWE used those 2 big name guys to lauch WWECW knowing that they would be leaving soon anyway, so it wouldnt be losing them from SD and Raw. With them leaving it left just the originals, who will be leaving soon, and the development lot.
Now that is simply not true. Wight being on ECW and with a title was an attempt to keep him. The circumstance around Kurt Angle could not have been expected either, if anything it gave Angle a lighter schedule. Though as I said, it's a cloudy issue.

To be frank, I can't see a WCW brand appearing ever, full stop. They brought back ECW, they won't bring anymore old companies back around. They also wouldn't get rid of SD or Raw because they are their 2 recognisable brand names. If they did get rid of one it would be stupid.
They're thinking about going to lots more brands for different areas of the World/America. But I'm sure you know all about that.

Well I have covered the 2 hours, no TV network wants to give 2 hours to glorified development. If ECW didn't go on the same night as SD taping then I doubt they would sell out. As for other sources of cash, ECW may have created a surge when it did return, but that will, and possibly has already, stop.
Most of that is guess work on your part. I'm sure Smackdown didn't do that well in the early days, but look at it now.

manee said:
It is not smart to hate ECW even though it may seem so. It is taking the popular view and following the bandwagon.

9/10 of WWECW followers support TNA, another new company that is supported by few, has resonably unknown talent on it and has a one hour show with limited funds, maybe they should think about that first.

It isnt smart?

As for your TNA/WWECW comparison there is some huge differences between the 2. WWECW isnt as you said another company. It is quite definitely WWE. Secondly, where is the 9/10 stat from? Next, ECW hasnt got limited funds, WWE could give it as much as they want but choose not to. Finally, and most importantly, TNA has good talent being used well for the future of TNA, WWECW talent is only going to be moved along to a main brand when theyre over enough.

As for your TNA/WWECW comparison there is some huge differences between the 2. WWECW isnt as you said another company. It is quite definitely WWE. Secondly, where is the 9/10 stat from? Next, ECW hasnt got limited funds, WWE could give it as much as they want but choose not to. Finally, and most importantly, TNA has good talent being used well for the future of TNA, WWECW talent is only going to be moved along to a main brand when theyre over enough.

ARGH SORRY, I meant critics instead of followers. Whoops, ruined my whole post. Damn typos.

By company, I mean (well I was actually talking about TNA there but I can say...) it has different superstars and writers as well as different cosmetics and timeslot on a different channel

That last sentance has no basis or proof to it.

PS: Although I have been sledging you in Stadium War and arguing with you in this thread, it does not mean I do not rate you as a good member.

MUFC1987 said:
But then SD is still inferior to Raw, I know it's on different levels, but you can't just bring a show in and expect it within the first few years to match two long running shows, no matter who you put on them.

Fair point, SD probably is slightly inferior but it isnt purposely that way. ECW is being made inferior by placing the guys on it who arnt over yet. I could garuentee you that if they put some real main eventers on it then it would do much better straight away.

Now that is simply not true. Wight being on ECW and with a title was an attempt to keep him. The circumstance around Kurt Angle could not have been expected either, if anything it gave Angle a lighter schedule. Though as I said, it's a cloudy issue.

Again, fair point, it is cloudy, but these are a bit too coincidental for my liking. You have to think WWE knew beforehand.

They're thinking about going to lots more brands for different areas of the World/America. But I'm sure you know all about that.

Yes I have heard about that and it sounds good. I dont think WCW would come into this because they would have to take top name guys like Booker onto it and from what I have heard they arnt sending the top guys over.

Most of that is guess work on your part. I'm sure Smackdown didn't do that well in the early days, but look at it now.

Smackdown started airing before the brand split started, so when it first started it was used as a secondary show to Raw, much like Heat now. Over time the WWE started using it for main feuds until it gained practical equal status. They did this to help compete with WCW, it wasn't planned from the start. Then they enforced the brand split, which means by this point, with Smackdown as its own brand, it already had a large audience. Because of this you cant really compare the 2.

Has anyone noticed the Undertakers boots? They add about 4 inches onto his height!!!

sd92 said:
Has anyone noticed the Undertakers boots? They add about 4 inches onto his height!!!

Part of his role as a Phenom would be to tower over his opponents. It also adds to the affect of moves such as Last Ride and Chokeslam which rely on being tall.

Yer, he would be about Batistas height normally! The Great Khali is really 7 foot 3, i wish he could wrestle though

manee said:
Part of his role as a Phenom would be to tower over his opponents. It also adds to the affect of moves such as Last Ride and Chokeslam which rely on being tall.

Yea having a short Undertaker just wouldn't feel right at all.

Users who are viewing this thread