Wrestling thread

sd92 said:
I don't get the joke whats so funny :( ??? :p

Its a joke the way theyve taken a great cult show and made it into a show with all the Raw/Smackdown rejects and young guys who they dont want to risk on a main show

I feel sorry for the die-hard ECW fans who are watching the company they loved's name being dragged into the gutter by Vinnie Mac.

Or maybe Vince is trying to appeal to all the audience rather than a small minority which is what ECW did and one of the reasons it went under, that and Paul Heyman being an idiot when it comes to finance.

Also, Vince has three brands, so he must make sure that all the brand on one brand do not get injured by say...hardcore matches three times a week. Imagine what ECW would be if Sabu and RVD got injured.

But WWECW is horrible, they never have any hardcore matches. Every single match wrestlers run the risk of getting injured and adding a few chairs or tables really isn't going to change that. And ECW would cope without Sabu and RVD as they're not really as big in WWE as they were in ECW.

Ireland Rule said:
Every single match wrestlers run the risk of getting injured and adding a few chairs or tables really isn't going to change that.
Going through a table (although soft) is not comfortable at all and getting hit by all sorts of objects take a toll on your body after a few months.

I agree with this, and i wouldn't call Booby Lashley a WWE reject either, hes a class wrestler. I would just like to say how hard it is to be a wrestler, not only do they have to learn and practice the whole script for a wrestling match once a week, most wrestlers do at least 3 other house shows during the week and its extremely difficult and clever the feats they perform, in my opinion better than any acter in a film or tv show.

Bobby Lashley is just in ECW to get over. Once everyone else on the roster has jobbed to him and once WWECW goes down, Lashley will be switched to Raw or Smackdown!, where he could possibly turn heel after being dominant in ECW.

I don't think he will, i believe that at some point they are planning to improve ECW dramtically, and make it a 2 hour show. Vince said this in an interview, and they will probably do it by flooding the roster with new talent. I would imagine this will happen when all the Originals have retired, and theres no old so they will flood it with new and go for an all new look

GrayNicolls said:
Bobby Lashley is just in ECW to get over. Once everyone else on the roster has jobbed to him and once WWECW goes down, Lashley will be switched to Raw or Smackdown!, where he could possibly turn heel after being dominant in ECW.

Once it goes down. Are you kidding me? No pyros, same arena as Smackdown and yet ratings better than TNA, it is very cost efficient.

manee said:
Once it goes down. Are you kidding me? No pyros, same arena as Smackdown and yet ratings better than TNA, it is very cost efficient.
This is true its a great live show!! They aren't gonna be going down for a long time!

sd92 said:
I don't think he will, i believe that at some point they are planning to improve ECW dramtically, and make it a 2 hour show. Vince said this in an interview, and they will probably do it by flooding the roster with new talent. I would imagine this will happen when all the Originals have retired, and theres no old so they will flood it with new and go for an all new look

Nah, they won't improve ECW. The ratings for it aren't very good, and it's just wasting the WWE's money. People are only put in ECW to get over. Elijah Burke and Bobby Lashley are prime examples. They won't put their new talent in the roster. They'll just put in some people who are struggling to get over on Raw or Smackdown!, like Snitsky, who now main events at ECW. He gets nowhere near the midcard at raw or Smackdown!. Vince won't pump money into WWECW, as it's going downhill. The ratings are going down and the brand is going down.

People are put in ECW to get over! ECW is not achieving much! The ECW only PPVs are so bad that now they have to share them with Raw and Smackdown!, like One Night Stand. Lashley on ECW is not a long term thing. ECW is not a long term thing.

GrayNicolls said:
The ECW only PPVs are so bad that now they have to share them with Raw and Smackdown!, like One Night Stand.

All PPVs are becoming for all brands now!

ECW is a long term thing, that is why they are eliminating the originals with this storyline in order to etch out a new ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread