Wrestling thread

No, that's just a storyline. They're etching out the originals, then putting all the New Breed on Raw and Smackdown! and closing ECW.

Not all PPVs are becoming all brands. You only ever get the odd match every couple of brand pay-per-views. But, that's just to hype feuds. One Night Stand may have a few more matches from other brands.

GrayNicolls said:
No, that's just a storyline. They're etching out the originals, then putting all the New Breed on Raw and Smackdown! and closing ECW.
Where is your source for this information? And what would be the point of putting Snitsky there if they are closing soon?
GrayNicolls said:
Not all PPVs are becoming all brands. You only ever get the odd match every couple of brand pay-per-views. But, that's just to hype feuds. One Night Stand may have a few more matches from other brands.
Nope. Most if not all PPVs starting with Backlash in April will feature talent from all three brands.

manee said:
Where is your source for this information? And what would be the point of putting Snitsky there if they are closing soon?

Seems fairly obvious to me. And, I've also said that Snitsky is there just to get over, and he can't get airtime on any other brand.

GrayNicolls said:

I don't agree with this at all! ECW is not a part time thing and is here for good. Vince will invest in it and eventually make it a full 2 hour show and also pump money into the other shows for improvements. They will also eventually make ECW a seperate even from Smackdown! in a different arena etc. ECW is here for good and unless you have proof off what you are saying i am just going to dissmiss it as gossip and your personal thoughts and hopes

I can't see why Vince would pump money into ECW, it has lower ratings than the other 2 brands and is basically made up of wrestlers that can't get on the other two brands. It will either stay as it is or be scrapped, it won't be given 2 hours i don't think.

Well thats what he said to Todd Grisham before New Years Revolution. He said there is likely to be big improvements in the wrestlers, and the time Might be stepped up to two hours. Its likely to have smaller ratings than the others, as its not had chance to shine yet, which it will when new stuff is introduces e.g new superstars and 2 hour show!! preferablylive on sky sports or like smackdown not just a replay on monday at 12am

Yer i do! Why would he lie! He has no reason to

Look, ECW is a waste of money for WWE. The ratings are nowhere near as good as those of Smackdown! and Raw. It's only used to get people over, OK?

Well the ratings are not gonna be as good as Raw and Smackdown for 3 reasons:
1. ECW disappeared and lost many fans due to this
2.New younger superstars are just settling in and will improve
3. Its only one hour and needs to improve and will do soon!!

If this was in vBookie i would bet on it right away, once again its a matter of personal opinon

sd92 said:
Well the ratings are not gonna be as good as Raw and Smackdown for 3 reasons:
1. ECW disappeared and lost many fans due to this
2.New younger superstars are just settling in and will improve
3. Its only one hour and needs to improve and will do soon!!

If this was in vBookie i would bet on it right away, once again its a matter of personal opinon

You still don't get it...

After all this time of me trying to get through to you, you still don't realise that the younger superstars are there to get over. They can't do that on Raw or Smackdown!, so they dump them off in "the 3rd brand" and get them over. It won't last much longer, so don't get your hopes up. It will probably die soon. It's not really personal opinion, it's what's going to happen. I don't see Sci-Fi network handing ECW another hour as it isn't very good, the ratings are poor and Vince doesn't want to pump money into it!

If he did want to pump money into it, it'd be as good as Raw and Smackdown!, wouldn't it? But, it isn't. Because it's not a long term thing!

sd92, we're not being nasty or nothing but just presenting facts, ECW has had enough time to be as big as RAW and Smackdown in the ratings but it hasn't. Just look at the roster, there are no real 'big stars' in ECW, that's because ECW is being used as a place to push young talent or people who can't fit on RAW and SD! It's no more than a development territory really but with some established stars on it. I seriously doubt they will make it 2 hours and flood more money into it, once they think the stars on ECW have been pushed enough, they'll close it down and move them over to Raw or SD and they can keep on pushing them from there.

I agree totally with Connor and Steven here, what they say is reality. There is a chance that it will remain running in its current role, as development, for a while longer, but it will never be a main brand

Ok fair enough, whats the point in arguing about it anyway, nobody actually knows apart from official figures at the WWE what the future holds for ECW. Only time will tell

sd92 said:
Ok fair enough, whats the point in arguing about it anyway, nobody actually knows apart from official figures at the WWE what the future holds for ECW. Only time will tell

Indeed. I would be willing to put money on ECW being around in a year.

Users who are viewing this thread